“Nothing else compares”

Paddingtons Pub Eatery
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Grand Bend
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Grand Bend, Canada
“Nothing else compares”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It is my favourite spot in Grand Bend without a doubt. With a wonderful selection of different beer on tap and one of the best house wine lists I have seen throughout my travels it already has your attention before you take a seat in the cozy dining atmosphere. At supper time the soft hustle and bustle of this quaint pub lures one in with a perfect balance of ambiance and energy. The new owners Linda and Billy are absolutely wonderful and made us feel right at home. The first night I hade the curry which was amazing. The combination of true curry flavour and heat was a delight for the pallet. The second night I had a crab stuffed chicken breast with a white wine mushroom sauce which was the nightly special. I was once again thoroughly impressed. The Red Seal Chef in the kitchen definitely takes his career seriously but knows how to have fun with his creations. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting the Grand Bend area. Whether it be winter or summer, this is a must.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Celeste B

Grand Bend, Canada
“Friendly Atmosphere - Great Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We live in Grand Bend and Paddington's is our favourite spot to eat when we choose to eat out. Their friendly staff and warm atmosphere make this a great place to sit back, relax and enjoy yourself.
Their menu is diverse enough that you have a good selection to choose from - on Sunday evenings they offer prime rib with yorkshire pudding - very tasty and well presented. We also enjoy their grilled fish.
Well worth a visit - affordable prices.
Occasionally the pub gets busy and service is not up to their normal level - as with any resort town you can't always tell when you are going to be overwhelmed with people. It's great when it gets really busy for the business and with that sometimes things slip due to extra demands of the on slot of people. We ourselves have found the service poor on occasion however it is when they are really busy - we take it in stride as on the whole this really is a great place to eat!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JMCBearlady
Toronto, Canada
“Very Dissappointing”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were looking forward to eating here again after enjoying our dining expereince last year (gave them an "excellent" rating). Unfortunately, the food was not very good. The fish in my fish and chips was way too greasy and my husband's curry dish had very watery rice. To make things worse, when we told the waitress about the meals, there was not even an apology or even an offer to get us different meals. Defintely won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
Grand Bend Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food...poor service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our first visit to Paddington's tonight . The $24 lamb special was excellent, the fish and chips...so-so, the Tilson Burger was good and the chicken strips acceptable. The real disappointment was the service. The waitress was rushed, distracted, unprofessional and unfriendly. My requested tartar sauce and ketchup did not arrive until half way through the meal. Several attempts to flag her down were unsuccessful to get more beer, resulting in us having to come to the bar to get her attention. She seemed unable to tell use what was on tap. All in all...we've been here two times...the first and last.

• Visited September 2013
Calgary, AB
“"It's simply a pub"”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped in at Paddington's for lunch after seeing the #2 rating it got on Trip Advisor. I don't understand why the ranking was so high. I live in Calgary, and thought that the food here was your average pub fare. My friend ordered the fish and chips, which came with a very generous helping (he didn't need the 2 pieces of fish, as each piece was really large) -he had the battered version (it was good) but I liked that there was also a pan fried version. Another friend ordered the coconut shrimp wrap, which she said could have used a LOT more shrimp. She said the pineapple salsa in it was tasty, and each bite of wrap with the shrimp was tasty.... If only there was more than a few bites with the shrimp!

I had the calamari appy which was ok - comes with aoli - but a small portion for $9.00. we had to order a second as we had hoped to share between 2 people. Plus I wanted to have extra protein to go with my and the beet and goat cheese salad (which was an extremely large helping by the way). I liked the homemade raspberry vinaigrette on this salad (but note: pickled beets, not roasted).

All in all, I've heard the restaurants on the strip are not great, so I really relied on trip advisor reviews and ratings. This place was ok, and maybe great for their large beer selection, but the food was very average. Not sure what the fuss was about, as there were 4 adults who ordered 4 different meals, and they were all average. A note about the kids meals though, was that they can make almost any item in a kid's size for $6.00, which is really great. But maybe I should have had the butter chicken?

• Visited August 2013