“Best restaurant in Barrys Bay”
Review of Ash Grove Inn

Ash Grove Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Barry's Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Not much to choose from in Barrys Bay but we stop here often when we are in town for hockey. The food is good and plentiful. The atmosphere is nice service is good. Everything I have tried on the menu has been excellent.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sorry, but the food we had was not very good at all. No balsamic vinegar for the salad and a dubious oil. The granny smith schnitzel was way too big, hard on the edges and like a piece of leather, really, with a commercial type of apple sauce. The cream pies were sweet and too big... You get a lot for the price, but to my taste, the quantity should be less and quality should be better. For breakfast my taosts were oozing with margarine and the piece of ham seemed microwaved...

The staff was very polite and nice and apparently the place is very popular with the locals, but it's just not a very good place to eat.

4  Thank France-Pellicano
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Most of our meals were taken there during our weekend in Barry's Bay. Food was excellent at each meal including the Sunday brunch. My guess is that everything on the menu would be good. Service was friendly, fast and the prices were also good. We also enjoyed a lovely view of the lake.

1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Previously on a bike trip, we stopped to eat here and enjoyed it, so we thought the next time we are through this area we would stay.
We are happy we did !!!
The room was really comfortable and nicely decorated - although we didnt require the fireplace and didnt use the jazuzi, the queen size bed was comfortable !! After all day on the bike ,it was great !!
Wonderful view of the lake from our room - very relaxing!!
Traci and girls in the restaurant were fun and food was great !!!
The roads in the area are favourite riding roads - so I'm sure we will cross paths again !!
Thanks girls !!!
K

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The best that can be said for The Ash Grove is that it's consistently average. The decor is 'plasticky' and outdated and the ambiance is blaaah. Each time I've been, I've been disappointed and vowed not to go back again but when you live in a small town there's not much to choose from. If you're a 'foodie', I'd recommend ordering something that can't be messed up, such as a hamburger and fries - if you go for something more adventurous it'll be disappointment city!