“Great stay outside Algonquin Park”

Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Barry's Bay B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay outside Algonquin Park”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My sister and I recently had the good fortune to stay at Fortune's Madawaska for a night en route to a canoe trip in Algonquin Park. It could not have been a better place to spend the night. Our room was very comfortable, clean and had a great view of the fields across the road and the Inn's garden. The price of the room was very reasonable too. Nancy, one of the owners, was welcoming and great to talk to. We had a great dinner and breakfast at the Inn--the food was delicious and the drinks were great. We also loved the bouquets of flowers fresh from Nancy's garden that adorned the Inn. As we left for our trip, my sister and I pledged to each other that we would be back in future years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
It was great having you stay with us and hearing about your adventure. Thanks so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stopped here for a meal for the past 4 years. Whether it has been just my wife and I or our family the service has been excellent and the food great. The menu was varied and complete. We will certainly visit again on our next visit to Barry's Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks Brian, that's music to our ears.
Aurora, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been a guest at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn for over 10 years and you simply cannot find a more welcoming place in all of the Madawaska Valley. The rooms are comfy and cozy, the food is simply amazing and your hosts, Nancy and Warwick have thought of every single need or request you may have. The Inn is a place you leave having made two new friends for life. Nancy and Warwick are very knowledgeable about any possible interest you may inquire about and are valuable resources with ideas on how to enjoy the many sites and activities in the area. The gardens surrounding the inn are meticulously maintained with Nancy's green thumb and continue to bloom all summer long with bursts of color. She really is a "flower whisperer". If you aren't planning an overnight stay, the restaurant is a great place to drop in for lunch or dinner anytime! You will feel like you went on a mini vacation after your meal!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary Kay J
Wow, thanks so much. I think I need to hire you as a marketing rep! Really appreciate you doing this.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent the beautiful time in this nice and very comfortable place. The big room, excellent breakfasts and dinners, and fresh air around us make our weekend memorable. Nice atmosphere, and gracious host caused that we already miss this place.
Thank you Nancy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
So kind. You are right about the air. It is one on the things I love most about the valley. Hope you can come and visit again soon and resume my wild mushroom lessons!
London
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great stop along the RAP tour - direct access to RAP trail.

Spent one night and ate 2 meals. The accomodations were clean, cozy and quaint. The food was fantastic!!! I'd stop in to eat if I didn't spend the night for sure!

My wife and I will definitely be making this our stopover for this leg of the RAP.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It has been so hot this week that thinking of winter and our snowmobiling guests was a great respite. I'm glad you liked it! Warwick was the president of our club for years so we always love looking after our sledders. It will be that time of year again in a blink of an eye. Thanks so much for posting your thoughts.
Ottawa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed in over 50 B&Bs throughout my travels. Everything was great about this place from the rooms, very kind hosts and OMG the food...it was 5 star quality but with reasonable prices. I look forward to going back!

Room Tip: all rooms are great but if you have one with a pull out sofa bed that you plan on using, the pull ou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Warwick and I work very hard to make our guests stay a positive experience. So when someone takes the time to tell us and everyone else that it is working, it means a great deal. We know our efforts are appreciated and that makes all the difference. Thank you so much.
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a wonderful nights stay at the inn. The breakfast was excellent, unfortunately we were unable to stay for dinner but the menu looks fantastic. Bob (from Buffalo NY) who I think is a regular guest assures me that it is worth a trip back just to try out the cuisine. Nancy was a gracious host and the rooms are clean and quaint.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
nbb2, Owner at Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thanks so much Gord. It was lovely to meet you both and I hope you had a relaxing day roaming the back roads of the valley and touring the caves. Come see us again sometime when you can enjoy Warwick's dinner menu.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barry's Bay
#2 of 7 in Barry's Bay
Madawaska Lodge
Madawaska Lodge
#1 of 4 in Madawaska

Been to Fortune's Madawaska Valley Inn? Share your experiences!