“Nice view of the lake”
Review of Ash Grove Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barry's Bay
Ash Grove Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Barry's Bay
Kingston, Canada
“Nice view of the lake”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in the kitchen suite for one night. It was well equipped and we had a quiet night. Pets are allowed in this room so it's convenient. If in search of a motel in Barry's Bay, this is a good one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank France-Pellicano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here while visiting a friend. The check in process was smooth and friendly. The staff were helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Good location: easy to find and yet nice to be outside of town. The view looking onto the lake would have been incredible if it hadn’t been raining, so I look forward to going back again someday. Free Wi-Fi was convenient. The restaurant served me a delicious breakfast and sent me on my way with fresh hot coffee and a smile!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PastyPrairieGirl
Hong Kong
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here after visiting the Algonquin Provincial park for fall foliage.

We use the GPS and input the (2nd) address as shown in their website. The GPS shows us to stop in front of a supermarket, which is 1.5km away. Fortunate the folks at Barry's Bay are very helpful and show us the way. It is probably a well-known Inn at Barry's Bay.

The view is good.

Breakfast is not included in the room charge, however, the food in the restaurant is good. The staff are friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were staying at a friend's cottage but went there for dinner, as we did a year ago. Both times my wife and I had a very good meal. It was a nice evening so we set outside with a view of the lake. (On picnic tables but that was fine).

Not fancy at all but friendly staff, good food and lots of parking.

I had the schnitzel (breaded veal cutlet) and it was perhaps a bit overdone (at least according to my wife who tasted it) but I thought it was fine. And the portions are quite large. My wife had the home-battered fish and chips and loved it.

There are few good restaurants in town. The pizza place right on the main street (it was previously Generations) is said to be good; a variety of pastas. But my friends who have a cottage on Trout Lake said their favorite restaurant is the Spectacle Lake Lodge, about 6 miles outside town.

If you do not want to go that far, I would say the Ash Grove. We plan to eat here every time we go to Barry's Bay (once a year).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter_K_B_Toronto
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

The motel is very conveniently located just outside of town. The rooms are clean but very out dated. The staff are friendly and efficient. The food at the restaurant was very good and the portions were large. The view from the motel is very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank lari1960
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was in the area for work and spent the night at the Ash Grove Inn , check in was fast and easy , took about 3 or 4 mins . I stayed in what they refer to as a standard room , it was a standard room like most places , 2 queen size beds , tv , larger than normal bar fridge ( which was nice ) , air conditioning , 2 chairs to sit in and read the local newspaper .... ect ect .

The room was clean , the only problem I could really comment on is the toilet had a water leak behind it and rather than fix it , it had some small towels on the floor behind the toilet to soak up the water , not sure how long it had been like that , but it was no big deal and by no means was it a bad leak , seemed to be just a slow leak . Another thing that bugged me was there was no coffee machine in the room , and as a early riser , it would have been nice to have a cup of coffee and watch the sun come up , because the area is beautiful , quite and really peaceful , and the motel over looks a nice lake .

The restaurant doesn't open till 730 am , this is another downer for me , because I need to head out pretty early for work and would have liked to eaten a bit earlier , so I could get my work day underway .

The food i had for breakfast was the hungry mans breakfast , 3 eggs , toast , hashbrowns , sausage , ham and bacon , it was good , cant complain .

All in all , I would recommend staying here , the price is right , service is great and it is a good place to stay .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Gelaas
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Overnightwd here after a day at Algonquin Park. Very cozy, comfortable, and clean. Really liked the chairs and tables in front of each unit, it made visiting with our "neighbors" a pleasurable experience.

Only complaint (minor) is that the A/C unit petered out by morning. Luckily it wasn't too hot when we were there.

Great location across from the lake, nice to sit out and watch the sunset. Location is about a mile out of town, far enough to. be away from the noise, but close enough to easily run errands. There's a beach nearby to take the kids to. WiFi signal is strong.

The owners seem to take a lot of pride in the upkeep, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Golden Lake
No photo provided
The Balmoral Hotel
#2 of 3 in Barry's Bay

Been to Ash Grove Inn? Share your experiences!