“A hidden gem. Homestyle food just like Grandma used to make! I only wish I lived close by!”

Fleur-de-Lis Tea Room and Dining Room
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fleur-de-Lis offers a true taste of Cape Breton. Eat-in, take-out, or catering available. Affordable home-style options that are never deep-fried. We can cater to your dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy free, etc. We have an extensive menu of Scottish, Acadian, and other local favorites - there is something for every taste! Best variety of salads in Cape Breton!
Victoria,BC
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We ate here twice during our trip to Cape Breton and if we had discovered it sooner we would have gone more often as we were in the area 8 days.

From the outside it doesn't look special. More like a little hole in the wall in a strip mall, however a local recommended it and so we went there for lunch.

I had an incredible hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes, coleslaw and turnips just like my grandmother used to make. My husband had a burger which he said was pretty good and my mother had a grilled cheese sandwich she thought was terrific. Nobody in our group was unhappy with their food, including our 3 year old who got a generous portion of spaghetti and garlic toast off the kids menu.

The menu had a lot of variety and reasonable prices. When we went back again my son had the chicken strips, my husband had a philly-steak platter which he really enjoyed and I had to have the hot turkey sandwich again as it was just sooo good.

I only wish I lived close by as I would love to go there as a regular.

The hours could have been better, they were open 7-7 mon-sat and I think it was 10-3 on Sundays.

4 Thank Cameronbear
bchalifax, Manager at Fleur-de-Lis Tea Room and Dining Room, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
I am so happy that you had a great experience at our Restaurant :)
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion with us!
That was very kind of you :)
We hope to see you at the Fleur-de-Lis again,
Take care!
Cheers,
Brenda Chisholm-Beaton.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I always like eating here..makes me feel good..plus they have the best tea..”
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I always like eating here..makes me feel good..plus they have the best tea..

4 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“home style all the way love it”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

home style all the way love it

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook