“Forget the buffet”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First thing first.

Unless you are in Vancouver or Toronto just leave the buffet alone.

if you love authentic Chinese food order off of the menu and tell the one taking
your order that you want it as they would eat it.

Amazing Chinese food and I have eaten in many restaurants in many "china towns" and also
in many immigrants kitchens :)

I promise you if you like authentic Chinese then do yourself a favor and order off of the menu
OR
just ask and they probably can make it.

You want a new dish to try there?

Seafood HotPot ;)
you can thank me later.

1  Thank Bama0
There are newer reviews for China King Family Restaurant

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We liked everything about this restaurant.Service was excellent,food was excellent.We had the buffet which had a great varikety and was excellent.
We would definitely go back.

2  Thank AdventureLovers
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I are travelling through Cape Breton and were looking for something to eat last Saturday. We checked tripadvisor for reviews on Port Hawkesbury restaurants and decided to eat at this establishment. We have been to many All You Can Eat Chinese restaurants all over North America, since we have been travelling in our motor home for the last 6 years. This was the first time we were REQUIRED to buy a beverage in addition to the all-you-can eat price. I decided to just have water because I usually don't have a beverage with my meal. I was surprised to find upon paying the bill at the end of the meal, that they charged me for water. In addition, if you wanted ice cream, you also had to pay for it in addition to the all you can eat advertised price. The main offerings of the meal were adequate. The won ton soup container was full of liquid but only contained 5 won tons. I feel sorry for the people who came in after us because they did not receive any wontons. During the time we were there, the kitchen did not replenish them. The dessert consisted of a vat of red jello, bite size pieces of some kind of cheap cake served on individual spoons, so that you don't take too many and some dry marbelled cake. For the $11.99 cost of the basic all you can eat, which did not include water or ice cream, this is one of the restaurants we would not visit again, even if we were locals. Oh Yes, the reason we gave it 2 stars was because the waitress was friendly and efficient. We did leave an adequate tip for her services.

1  Thank sungypsy1
Reviewed September 3, 2012

There wasn't a big choice on a Sunday evening. Although China King was rated #1, it really isn't that good. I ordered off the buffet. Some of the items tasted all right, I did not like the egg rolls. My husband ordered "Canadian" food and boy! He received two large hamburger steak patties, a large portion of french fries and some vegetables. He said it all tasted good. The service was really good, and things there were clean.

1  Thank carollyn50
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Service and food at the China King are excellent, with very reasonable prices. Chinese and Canadian food well prepared and very prompt service by friendly staff.