“Okay....I guess”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Mentone, AL
“Okay....I guess”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

There wasn't a big choice on a Sunday evening. Although China King was rated #1, it really isn't that good. I ordered off the buffet. Some of the items tasted all right, I did not like the egg rolls. My husband ordered "Canadian" food and boy! He received two large hamburger steak patties, a large portion of french fries and some vegetables. He said it all tasted good. The service was really good, and things there were clean.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank carollyn50

Whycocomagh
“Great family dining”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Service and food at the China King are excellent, with very reasonable prices. Chinese and Canadian food well prepared and very prompt service by friendly staff.

• Visited August 2012
Port Hawkesbury
“A Safe Place to Eat”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Being a person with Celiac Desease, I have to be careful I eat no foods containing barley, rye or wheat. During the past five years I have found China King Family Restaurant in Port Hawkesbury to be a place where I can safely eat without being rushed to a hospital. The hotess has carefully checked and showed exactly which dishes of their buffet that I may eat. If I eat off the menue instead of from the buffet, she makes sure what I order is safe for me.

I find the food to be well prepared, delicious to taste and leaves one with the feeling to come back at a later date. As a result, I try to eat at that restaurant at least once a week; some times twice. Many of my friends and relatives are aware I enjoy China King food, so frequently give me gift certificates to that restaurant for special occasions in my life, or take me out to eat there. I also take friends and relatives to eat there.

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“You get more than what you paid for”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We had the buffet. Good variety of standard Chinese food. The taste was not bad. The young lady at the counter and also cleared the plates was very friendly.

Eastern Mainland Nova Scotia
“Sooo Good! I usually eat there once a week!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Often make the 2 hour return trip for no other reason than the chance to once again pile my plate high with the delicious offerings from the All You Can Eat Buffet! Often as I enjoy the meal, my eyes are closed, all the better to concentrate on the great variety of wonderful flavors.
Recently it was suggested that I try another similar restaurant in town that was "better", so I gave it a try. My experience at that other similar eatery nailed two words in my mind, the second word was "again", the first word "never"! There was totally no comparison! Tonight I was back at China King for the very best Chinese buffet in Eastern Nova Scotia!

• Visited July 2012