“Great Staff & Clean Rooms”

Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Hawkesbury
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff here are amazing. They bend over backward to accommodate you whenever possible. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The best in the area. Thanks so much to the maintenance/pool guy for his kindness and patience. The only suggestion I could make for improvement would be to have luggage carts available.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank salayna
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, your comments are much appreciated! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and happy that you found our staff very accommodating during your stay. We are always open to suggestions, and will take in account your recommendation. Again thank you for your kind words and hope to see you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is an older very well maintained road side hotel. Very clean and comfy. Staff friendly and helpful. Perfect for an over night stay on the way to Cabot Trail. Don't understand negative reviews. Just what you would expect for the money and location.

Room Tip: Interior room in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our team friendly and informative! We appreciate all feedback from our guests so we can continue to make everyone's visit an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you in the near future, and we are glad you enjoyed your visit to Cape Breton! Thank you again!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I first came to Cape Breton my husband and I stayed there as the start of out trip around the island. The stellar service here is the best bar none. From the girls at the check-in counter to the waitresses at the restaurant and the tavern there, you couldn't find better. Our room was exceptionally clean and everything we needed was there. We will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service from our Maritime Inn Team! I hope that you were able to enjoy the beautiful features of Cape Breton during your visit! We will look forward to your next stay and again we thank you for sharing your comments!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel was by far the cleanest that I/we have had the pleasure of staying in. EVER! So clean in fact that we are planning future visits to their local venues (concerts and shows) knowing that we will have a wonderful stay in such a great hotel. The Pub on site has a great menu and quality of food. The staff were very accommodating and pleasant! And did I tell you how clean it was! Spotless, I know, I checked! I could not find a spot of anything anywhere! The management should be very proud of their staff!

I respect to the questions below we did not make use of the spa, nor did we go to the breakfast buffet.. We did have the breakfast to go in the comfort of our room. It was terrific.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken C
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful response of our hotel. I'am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit here with us and appreciated the level of service that we provide! We will look forward to your next visit, and again thank you for your review!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was introduced to this place when my friends and I were looking for accommodation for two nights of our holiday reunion after about 40 years! We are four women who first met in BC in 1969 so by definition we are not young. We had discovered the wonderful Canadian hotel tradition of having two double beds in many of the rooms. This meant that we had a double bed each and could manage with only two rooms which of course helped the budget. Pleasing four older women is not easy but this place met our needs. I was tired at the end of a three month trip and wanted to stay in the same place for two nights so that i could have a day off from driving. I love the Canadian hotel system of having a guest laundry at a reasonable price and an ice machine for guests. oi wish we did those things here in Oz.

The desk and housekeeping staff at this hotel were particularly high quality. I have no hesitation in recommending it. We were introduced to it through its partner in Antigonish which I assume is of similar quality given that the desk assistance we had there was superb.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in Port Hawkesbury, and hope that if you come back to Nova Scotia that you will come to visit us again!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent stay, clean rooms, friendly staff, great bar and restaurant. About an hour after we left the hotel I had realized that I left my iPhone charger in the room. Called them up and they shipped it out to my home address at no charge. Received it two days after I got home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Certianly not a fancy hotel, but serves the purpose as a neat, clean place to stay in this very small community. The location is ideal. Close to all resaurants and shops. I stay here frequently for work. By far the best accommondations in town>

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 3 in Port Hastings
Mackenzie House Tourist Home
Mackenzie House Tourist Home
#4 of 5 in Port Hawkesbury

Been to Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury? Share your experiences!