“Cleanest Hotel EVER!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Hawkesbury
North Sydney, Canada
“Cleanest Hotel EVER!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel was by far the cleanest that I/we have had the pleasure of staying in. EVER! So clean in fact that we are planning future visits to their local venues (concerts and shows) knowing that we will have a wonderful stay in such a great hotel. The Pub on site has a great menu and quality of food. The staff were very accommodating and pleasant! And did I tell you how clean it was! Spotless, I know, I checked! I could not find a spot of anything anywhere! The management should be very proud of their staff!

I respect to the questions below we did not make use of the spa, nor did we go to the breakfast buffet.. We did have the breakfast to go in the comfort of our room. It was terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken C
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful response of our hotel. I'am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit here with us and appreciated the level of service that we provide! We will look forward to your next visit, and again thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was introduced to this place when my friends and I were looking for accommodation for two nights of our holiday reunion after about 40 years! We are four women who first met in BC in 1969 so by definition we are not young. We had discovered the wonderful Canadian hotel tradition of having two double beds in many of the rooms. This meant that we had a double bed each and could manage with only two rooms which of course helped the budget. Pleasing four older women is not easy but this place met our needs. I was tired at the end of a three month trip and wanted to stay in the same place for two nights so that i could have a day off from driving. I love the Canadian hotel system of having a guest laundry at a reasonable price and an ice machine for guests. oi wish we did those things here in Oz.

The desk and housekeeping staff at this hotel were particularly high quality. I have no hesitation in recommending it. We were introduced to it through its partner in Antigonish which I assume is of similar quality given that the desk assistance we had there was superb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cindy B, Guest Relations Manager at Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments, we appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in Port Hawkesbury, and hope that if you come back to Nova Scotia that you will come to visit us again!
Gander, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent stay, clean rooms, friendly staff, great bar and restaurant. About an hour after we left the hotel I had realized that I left my iPhone charger in the room. Called them up and they shipped it out to my home address at no charge. Received it two days after I got home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Certianly not a fancy hotel, but serves the purpose as a neat, clean place to stay in this very small community. The location is ideal. Close to all resaurants and shops. I stay here frequently for work. By far the best accommondations in town>

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank S R
Port Hawkesbury, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had to travel to Port Hawksbury to take a course at NSCC and had the luxury of staying at the Maritime Inn. The rooms were clean and well maintained, but most importantly had the opportunity to be served by "Trish" at Miller's. She was one of the most professional servers that I have come across for quite some time. I have been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and I must say she can be a true example of why I got into this business in the first place. Thank you Trish, you made my stay most enjoyable..."Trish Rocks"...!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ernie222013
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel which serves a good breakfast but what makes it stand out is the excellent staff that works there. They are very friendly and accommodating and willing to go that extra mile for their guests, literally. My wife and I were staying there for our daughter's wedding and had arrived at the church, which was about 20 minutes away, waiting for the ceremony to begin. It was then discovered that some of the flowers for the bride's parents and grandmother were left behind at the hotel. We called the front desk to ask if they could get the flowers out of the room and send them by taxi to the church. The person at the front desk, Donna Carrigan, not only got the flowers but personally brought them to us in her own vehicle. This kind deed saved us valuable time, considering the church was full and I am sure people were starting to wonder what the delay was. It was a very thoughtful gesture which we greatly appreciated and won't soon forget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights and found it very comfortable. The room rate was reasonable and the rooms were well sized and clean. We did not do much apart from sleep here (we were at a family wedding) but this was more than good enough for that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seascape Coastal Retreat
Mackenzie House Tourist Home
Mackenzie House Tourist Home
#3 of 5 in Port Hawkesbury

Been to Maritime Inn Port Hawkesbury? Share your experiences!