“It's worth planning your trip around a meal here”

The 878 Waterfront Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: open since 2010.french, International.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

For the second summer, we have enjoyed this fabulous restaurant. On a nice day you can sit on the porch with a view of the the river and be served by very friendly people who treat you as they are family and cook for you as if you are royalty. The menu is full so of many appetizing items that it can be hard to choose. But that's no problem. You only have to ask if the chef can help suggest something according to your own likes and preferences! He takes a great deal of pride in serving his customers the very best.

1  Thank Bonnie J

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friends and I were travelling through New Brunswick last Friday on our way to PEI when we stopped in Perth-Andover for lunch. One of my friends had received a recommendation for a restaurant, which we later found out had closed 3 years ago. After some debate over going to the Pizza place, the pool hall, or the Subway, another friend found the Waterfront Bistro on Yelp and noted the positive reviews so we decided to go. We were not disappointed by our experience - the employees were friendly, very sociable and very attentive to our group of 8. The food was fantastic, perfectly sized portions and beautifully presented. It was also very reasonably priced for our dishes. If I ever find myself in the area again, I will be making a point to visit again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am originally from P-A and was visiting from Ottawa last week with my husband. We decided to try the Bistro after my friend told us it was "some of the best food" she's ever had. We were NOT disappointed!!! We loved our meals and the patio atmosphere. I really think the Bistro has developed a brand that works. We even made special arrangements so we could return the following day so we could enjoy it a second time. I never thought I would enjoy anything as much as the french BLT (on a croissant) that I had on day #1, but the salmon burger on day #2 was equally delicious!!! We especially enjoyed the variety of flavors on a single plate... our comment was that every bite was different and exciting. The seasonal salads and potatoes were excellent. They don't skimp on servings and sauces. Truly delicious!! If I could find someplace in Ottawa that good (and at that price point) I would eat there often! Kudos to the owners for bringing some class to P-A. It was a highlight of our vacation. The Castle could stand to learn from them...

1  Thank fiddlehead_girl
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were driving down the Trans Canada to PEI, a 9 hour trek. Saw the sign for Perth-Andover, where a colleague grew up. Stopped in based on a TA recommendation. Very good menu,and lovely lunch. Ham and cheese croissant for me, rice noodle shrimp wrap for her. Great view of the river, and lots of bikers. Only issue is speed. Service was SLOW. I guess what they say about small town speed is true. So, great food at a slow pace.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We drove by and were instantly drawn to the cute patio playing blues and jazz. The perfect spot to stop on a hot relaxing Sunday afternoon. We showed up just before closing time and the owner was more than gracious and allowed us to stay, we enjoyed a pint and a panini on the patio. It was a perfect spot to spend our afternoon.