“Great experience”

Cookhouse Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Lillooet
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stopped in here when we were just passing through as it was the first restaurant we saw. Nice small town restaurant, menu is pretty basic but food tasted good. Service was excellent, waitress was very friendly and our meals were ready very quickly.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Lovely service and locals. Good food though not exceptionally well cooked. But overall - very happy. Good experience

Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you want giant portions, remembering you are in cowboy, rancher and gold rush country, this is a great place to choose. Even better? The food is excellent, comes out hot and the service is the fastest I've ever seen. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.

They have HOME MADE apple pie! This restaurant boasts the best apples in British Columbia and I believe it. The pie was mouth meltingly good. Not too sweet, but tart and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've gone to Heaven.

They also serve beer and wine. The wine is white or red, and you don't have a choice beyond that. The white wine was very good. I had a beef fajita for dinner one night and it was very tasty. The beef was tender and tasty. My husband had a hamburger and French fries and ate all of it.

For lunch I had a swiss cheese and turkey sandwich grilled on French bread with a salad. Again, hot, tasty and the beef was exceedingly tender. No toughness, no gristle. Just a really good cut of beef.

Breakfast is a slice of Heaven too. The potatoes that come with the eggs is mouth wateringly good. Eggs are huge. Everything was served hot.

As far as I'm concerned, you want darned good country food? This is the place to get it. Coffee is medium strength and tasty. Their tea already has sugar in it so don't be like me--I didn't taste it first, thinking it wouldn't have any sugar in it. But maybe this is a Canadian thing? In the USA tea comes without sugar. So my first glass was a tad sweeter than usual.

The waitresses are fast and the food comes out in less than ten minutes...that's fast. Prices are very reasonable. For the amount of food you are getting? Order two meals and a family of four can eat it!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stopped by this place as recommend by the gas bar attendant on the highway. It's in the Reynolds Hotel. We really wanted homemade food, not processed. The food was excellent, a real Mom and Pop feel. Our server was so smiley and friendly. She is the face I would want representing my business for sure. Super clean restaurant and washrooms.. The farmers sausage was excellent. Loved the homemade hash browns. Prices were very fair at about 10 bucks per person and the portions were perfect. We live in Kamloops so this may be a Sunday drive place we will visit again and definitely if we are driving by again. You should go.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Let your mind wander with the name "cookhouse" and you think of work camp food, and that's about what this is. My salad was fresh, well presented by a friendly server with a smile. Good start! Liver, onions, mashed potatoes, broccoli with lots of gravy was good, and as I expected.
No pies baked fresh today, so I skipped dessert.