“Charming hotel with great food and service”

Mir Amin Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beiteddine
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Beautiful and quiet location. Wonderful summer mountain weather and an amazing pool. Gorgeous old palace full of charm. Only complaint was that the mattresses seemed quite old and were a bit uncomfortable. Great food, great views, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went to Mir Amin Palace with 2 other couples to celebrate my birthday.
The hotel management and staff were very friendly yet professional in all aspects (from the reception staff to the GM of the hotel)
The spacious room was very nice, neatly furnished and overlooking the beautiful valley.
When we entered the room we found a delicious chocolate cake with a "Happy Birthday" message with a set of oriental sweets and a big fruit basket.
On Sunday morning, we started our day at the breakfast buffet than we spent the day at the pool while enjoying our fresh frozen minted lemonade.
Definitely a place to recommend and to visit again and again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Parts of this stay were great, parts were ordinary... with unfortunately the latter drowning out the former.

The good bits: great view, the palace courtyards and dining areas were sensational, excellent breakfast, we arrived prior to check in time but were granted access to our room.

The bad bits.

Firstly, to confirm our booking I was first asked to print out and sign an authorisation to debit funds from my credit card... in retrospect slightly surprised i wasn't asked to fax it or something.

On our first day, we returned from a day out with some snacks and drinks to enjoy in our room that evening, but while on the way to our room a staff member pulled us up to say we could not take that in there, and to please return to reception where we were essentially told the same thing. I was treated (and felt) like I'd been busted trying to smuggle some beers into the dorms in a highschool camp! The contraband was confiscated. Now as much as it annoys me, I can understand that some hotels may have "no outside food" rules, but it'd be nice to have these conveyed ahead of time. Really to be given a pass in the circumstances would have been appropriate, and I could have done without being made to feel like I was summoned to see the principal.

We'd planned our second day to be busy seeing the sites in the morning and around lunch, with a swim in the pool in the afternoon. On returning to the hotel ready to swim, we were told there was a wedding that afternoon and that the pool was unavailable. Very, very frustrating, not helped by their unsolicited suggestion that we could go swimming the next morning (no, we couldn't). A competently run establishment would have informed us of this wedding at check in at the very latest, but if this information did slip through cracks (they're only human after all) it would have been nice to get a "We're very sorry, please enjoy a complimentary drink at the restaurant" or something, but no.

Lastly, the room. About 1/3 of it was nice, exposed stone, very Ottoman era palace like, but the bulk of the room just looked tacked on without any thought. The furniture looked like it had been salvaged from a defunct early 90's Best Western and painted a drab green, whoever painted the grey walls paid little heed to where the wall ended and the marble kick-boards (a pet hate of mine), the varnish of the desk chair was chipped or peeling in parts, the art on the walls consisted of poor quality prints, and the available channels on TV (for when we weren't in the pool) were very limited.

All of the above I can accept for $50 a night, but not $350 a night. Underwhelmed and disappointed, because given the things this hotel has going for it I expected much more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard M
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We slept in a palace and were treated like princesses; what more could us girls ask for? My mom, daughter and I just came back from the Mir Amin and are already making plans for our next visit-- yes, it was that good.
To start with, the setting is incredibly beautiful and provides a welcome respite after the hustle and bustle of Beirut. The palace turned hotel was originally built by the Emir Bashir, a contemporary of Napoleon, for his son Amin. It is located just a few minutes away from the palace of Beiteddine (a sight not to be missed by anyone visiting Lebanon ) and from the neighboring charming and historical village of Deir al Qamar. The Barouk Cedars Reserve, an environmentally protected area, is a thirty minutes drive away and well-worth a visit or a hike.
We stayed in the harem suite, which includes two bedrooms, two baths and a living area all beautifully appointed and open to a courtyard with breathtaking views. Breakfast is served in another courtyard where a village lady prepare traditional fares on the saj. We took our meals at the Lebanese restaurant-- best frog legs ever!
My daughter and I had as much fun wandering around the hotel public spaces as we did at the Beiteddine palace. One might think that the magnificent pool with its mosaic oriental rug bottom would steal the show, but I personally had my breath taken away by the various courtyards with their Ottoman/Arabic fountains and sitting areas.
Before I close my review I cannot not mentionTony, the manager, who made sure to spoil us from the moment we arrived until our departure time. He clearly loves what he does and takes pride in the Mir Amin. His stated goal is to have hotel guests feel like they are visiting a favorite aunt/ relative in a meticulously clean, simple and elegant setting. He certainly achieved that and much more. Thank you Tony and the staff for making our stay a memorable experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tony G, General Manager at Mir Amin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear 758Lili2b758,

It was really of a great pleasure to have had you with us. We as well will be waiting for your next visit as it is always a pleasure to have family members back.

Thank you for the detailed explanation of what the premises have to show and offer from history to our service. I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Mir Amin Palace Hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Chouf in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Mir Amin is probably one of the most amazing hotels in Lebanon. The surroundings are very nice and relaxing. The rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is very rich and delicious. The pool is beautiful. Ideal for a getaway with friends / with love mate. Would have been nice to have a spa in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nisrine B,

I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was truly an enjoyable one.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities, the service, the restaurant and our staff. We sure do agree on the Spa a future project we are working on.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back Mir Amin Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place is really amazing, as well as the view, the environment and the service. I had the most chilling and relaxing stay. I recommend it to anyone who is in the Choof area. The rooms are clean and authentic, like the rest of the place. The staff are really welcoming and very efficient.
The food is fresh and the breakfast is not to be missed!
Beautiful, quiet place where you can spend a stress-free day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Tony G, General Manager at Mir Amin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Noora_Ch,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Mir Amin Palace Hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to the next opportunity to be your host and thank you again for your feedback and for the shout out.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Mir Amin palace is one of the most beautiful hotels to spend a relaxing week end in Lebanon.
I recommend it to every one wishing to spoil his love mate.
Food was delicious, service was great and hostessing is marvelous.
I also would like to thank all the staff for their professionalism.

• Stayed: May 2013
Tony G, General Manager at Mir Amin Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Marc_Younes,

What a wonderful review.

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Tony W. Gergess

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beiteddine
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Le Crillon
Le Crillon
#3 of 6 in Broummana
Monte Cassino Boutique Hotel

Been to Mir Amin Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!