“Lochcarron Bistro - Under New Management”
Review of Lochcarron Bistro

Lochcarron Bistro
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lochcarron
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Locally sourced ingredients, great service, wholesome food, cold beer and a selection of good wines all at reasonable prices. What more can you ask for. Well it was also theor first night of opening and had not planned to close after 6, but they kept it open just for us. Good luck with the new venture, you get my thumbs up.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Excellent fish and chips and yummy pudding. Very reasonable prices. Frequented by local people and visitors alike.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I were just passing through Lochcarron on our way to The Torridon. It was getting late almost 6pm and finding a place to eat in Scotland after 6 is difficult. As we popped into this little Bistro hopping it was still open, we were greeted at the door and offered a table. We were the only ones in the restaurant and the chef and hostess both seemed a little nervous. We placed our order and decided to step outside onto the lock to take pictures as the sunset was amazing. The food arrived before I wanted to leave the water but it was so worth it. The lasagna was the best I have ever had and my wife said the same about her lamb. I even got up from the table during the meal to meet the chef. Come to find out he and his wife had just acquired the Bistro and we were his first paying customers. The following night we drove an hour back from the Torridon for dinner, I had the lasagna again. I suspect we will need to make reservation for our next visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We called in here after a 200mile bike run and the food was superb,not only that but the owner/chef is from Dumfries not far from us,first class

1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

the food was lovely, very nicely served. The only thing that I would have liked was for the to play some soft background music as there wasnt uch of an atmosphere and you could here other conversations.