“Very Nice but..”

Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Annan
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I always liked this cafe as you get a decent portion size and the fish and chips are nice and very reasonably priced, cheaper than the Royal anyway. I went in one day and got macaroni and chips which was yummy- until I found a long blonde hair in amongst it. That has put me off forever im afraid, never again.

1  Thank lolalu72
There are newer reviews for Solway Cafe

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Though i've been a customer of the solway for years it's mainly for
the home made ice creams and the jars of sweets, but my usual chippy was too busy and we didn't have the time to wait so decided to try the solway.
The only positive thing i have to say is the premises were very clean, there was just no atmosphere in the place, the young man frying and the girl serving were both rather glum looking.
Considering it was tea time and my children and i were the only customers in the place, i would have thought they would have appreciated the custom, if they did they didn't show it!
I think the young girl who served us really needs to improve her customer service skills,
Our food was fried fresh,the prices are reasonable. The chips were better than i expected, the kid's "chicken" nuggets were a different story though and tasted more like sausage than chicken.
Would i recommend this place??,Sorry but absolutely not! manners cost you nothing, i'd recommend you keep walking til you reach the cafe royal.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited here while on a camping trip and these fish and chips were much needed to boost our spirits! I have to say, they were the best fish and chips I think we have ever had, thick meaty fish and gorgeous chips that were crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Two lovely ladies were serving at the time and the place had a lovely homely atmosphere - only downside is they are now a 3 hour drive away!!! booooo. I think for cod and chips it was £5.30 which I thought was good value, especially for the quality.

1  Thank sunshine105
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited this fish and chip 'restaurant' on the basis of recommendations through this site, and I must say we did expect better. This was little more than a glorified greasy spoon. Granted fish and chips were nice, and fish very fresh, but small portions and overpriced. Bearing in mind how close they are to the sea. No atmosphere at all, in fact we were the only ones eating in, though there was a steady flow for various things to take out (haggis etc).
Fish and chips and two cans of coke cost over £12. Don't think we will be back. Sorry!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Being going here for years, the new look is great and the kids think the chips are the best in Annan

1  Thank Colin J