“Cake heaven!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Having moved up to Aberdeenshire in Dec 2011 I must say this is my guilty pleasure as its trolley wheeled to you with seductive cakes is a dream! We love popping in for afternoon coffee/cake or lunch and friends have had enjoyable dinners too. It's staff are polite and friendly and the establishment always clean and welcoming and food tasty and fresh. Although toilets tastefully furnished i just wish separate baby changing so husband could change baby too as it puts him off visiting solo.

1  Thank GigglingGirl

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Excellent friendly service and yummy food. We go at least 1 time a month. Keep it up.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

while on a day out stoped off for a snack at lunch time , i had tattie soup and my wife had cream of mushroom soup and both soups were really good and tasty,we also had tea and chocolate shortbread from the trolley which was also really good ,and not expensive ,the toilets were really nice decorated ,will be back again .

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stopped here for lunch previously but our most recent visit left us cold. I had haggis neeps and tatties which had the most tatseless haggis I have ever tasted. Unusually the waitress offered gravy with it which I thought odd but I think I should have taken it to give some flavour to one of my normally gavourite dishes. My wife had fish pie which again was only just passable. Lots of potato but very little fish!

2  Thank AberdeenBraveheart
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We decided to visit the bistro one tuesday lunch time. We were quite early around 11.40 but received a very warm welcome and the staff were charming to our daughter.

We took to a table and had a look through the menu, with the little one getting her own menu(she was chuffed) everything sounded lovely but i plumped for the smoked haddock risotto from the specials menu. The other half went for the curry and little one had sausages and peas.

The risotto arrived and i thought it looked far too much for lunch but once i tasted it I knew the plate would be cleaned! There was a bright orange oil around the risotto which I thought looked odd, on asking the waitress what it was she said it was curry oil! Well that in itself was a triumph! The other half enjoyed his curry which came with chips(his choice he could have had rice or half and half) and a poppadum. The little one loved her sausages too.

We had to try pudding! Syrup sponge pudding for the other side of the table and I ordered the Drambuie Creme Brulee. The little one got a scoop of strawberry icecream. We were all delighted.

Our bill came to £30 which included a few soft drinks. On paying the bill the waitress handed our little one a wee bag of sweeties to take away with her! again a lovely little touch!

On a different note away from the food the newly done toilets are absolutely gorgeous!

We cannot wait to go back again and try the dinner menu and have a few glasses of vino!