“Terrific B@B”
Review of Laurel Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
Laurel Villa
Ranked #1 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Terrific B@B”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

If you want to stay at a comfortable, beautifully run B@B in Northern Ireland, then Laural Villa Guesthouse ticks all the boxes and more...From the warm welcome from the hosts, Eugene and Geradine Kiel, to the beautifully furnished en suite rooms, filled with Irish literary history, the magnificent breakfasts which offer healthy choices including fresh fruit salad and homemade wheaten and soda bread baked every day and the comfortable beds, this must be one of the best B@Bs in Ireland. If you are interested in Irish genealogical or social history, then Eugene is a fount of knowledge and ever ready to assist you.
My ancestors came from Northern Ireland and Eugene not only helped me to access information but linked me to a family of the same name. It is a real "home away from home".

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank howlong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I have just returned to the Bahrain from a business trip to Northern Ireland. I took my Australian-born wife along with me as there was some time for relaxation and sightseeing built into the itinerary. She had never been to Ireland before, although she knew she had some Ulster family connections. We chose Laurel Villa as our base partly because of Magherafelt’s great location, in the centre of N.Ireland but we also liked the fact that Laurel Villa seemed so convenient to all the town’s services. I’ll have to say, this was one of the smartest travel decisions I have ever made. Laurel Villa is a real gem. Having stayed in many of hotels around the world, Laurel Villa is one of the best and yet it’s so different from all my other favourites. We will never forget the friendly but unobtrusive hospitality shown by the owners, the Kielt family. We really enjoyed the home cooking at Laurel Villa and the facilities are second to none. I had already heard about the famous Irish poet Seamus Heaney but never expected to be able to enjoy so much of his poetry on a business trip. Eugene even took us on a short tour of Heaney country which was the highlight of the week. My wife also got some expert advice on how to research her Irish ancestors. I feel another trip is on the cards. We can’t wait. This place is the real deal!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveller077
Bristol
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Welcoming atmosphere, immaculately presented property, comfortable rooms and oodles of character around every corner.

I stayed with my partner as part of a groom's wedding party the night before the big day. Eugene and Gerardine seemed so enthusiastic it really added to the occasion. Eugene even forwarded a whole load of photographs he took of the wedding party getting ready (one of which attached). Nothing seemed too much trouble. They really went that extra mile and we can’t thank them enough.

A wonderful experience and couldn't be more highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed February 1, 2010

We recently stayed in this Guesthouse I Couldn't say enough about it...first class accommodation. Room was warm, comfotable and clean. Breakfast was lovely, cooked fresh. Eugene & Geraldine were most welcoming. highyly recommended

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed January 27, 2010

It has been a few years since we first stayed at Laurel Villa, when I returned to NI to meet up with my Uncle, Aunt and cousins. It is always a pleasure to return and meet up not only with my relatives but Gerardine and Eugene too. They serve one of the best breakfasts in NI and there is plenty of poetry to read on the walls. Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed January 7, 2010

This is quite simply the best B&B I've stayed in in Ireland. I was in the area to reseach the poetry of Seamus Heaney, and Mr and Mrs Kielt were hugely informative and encouraging. I would recommend anyone to stay here, particularly if they have an interest in literature and culture.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Adrian Croome
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I was making a flying visit to Magherafelt and was arriving in Belfast at 6.30am and thinking I was going to have to kill the morning until I could check in. When I spoke to the owners I was told to come straight there and have breakfast. I did and was very pleased that I had, the breakfast is amazing and you don't need a paper just read all the poetry on the walls. My room was very comfortable and again full of interesting things and more poetry. You also couldn't ask for nicer owners.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
Apparo Restaurant & Hotel
#1 of 6 in Ballymena
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,854 reviews
White River House Hotel
Tullylagan Country House Hotel

Been to Laurel Villa? Share your experiences!