“Nice Hotel, but a few things could be improved....”
Review of The Terrace Hotel

The Terrace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magherafelt
Belfast
“Nice Hotel, but a few things could be improved....”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel is really nice, central location and rooms are lovely.

However, breakfast was disappointing at best.
The cost of a one night stay was £90 - is it just me or isn't that a bit expensive for Magherafelt?
The temperature of the shower in our room varied from cold to lukewarm.

One other thing that bugged me was a bunch of louts that were staying in the hotel at the same time as us.
We had the unfortunate experience of having breakfast at the same time as them and had to listen to them verbally abuse each other and the staff who were serving breakfast - I'm no prude but this bunch of about 10 lads were very loudly describing their sexual fantasies (many of which included the waitresses, who had excellent patience) and were overstepping the line by a long way.
Now I know this wasn't the hotels fault, but they really should have procedures in place to protect their staff and other guests from knuckle dragging idiots like that.

All things considered the Terrace is a good place to stay in Magherafelt.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Donegal
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We tried to book this hotel for an overnight stay in Jan 2010. There is obviously no sign of recession at this hotel as they would not except Euro for payment. We got a friendlier welcome in a beautiful guesthouse not far from this hotel who were only too delighted to accept our Euro currency!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FiFi1979
n. ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2010

delightful stay from start to finish. The staff of the terrace hotel should be praised for making it the friendly outstandingly clean comfortable hotel that it is. Will most certaintly be using the hotel again. xx

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Belfast
Reviewed December 21, 2009

My friend was having his 30th Birthday in a local pub in Magherafelt, being from the 'big smoke' we weren't sure where to stay - friends, having never stayed there before, suggested The Terrace as it was liked by the locals.
I arrived ahead of my friend a little earlier than check in and expected to be told my room wasn't going to be ready - however the girl on reception was lovely and said i was grand to head to my room, the heating wasn't due on for another wee while however she she would put it on early for me.
I went up to my lovely toasty warm room which had a double bed and a large single bed, flat screen TV, dining table and dressign table with two great size mirrors (for us girls getting ready plenty of mirrors a def advantage!!) Before heading to the hairdressers (just beside the hotel) I had a quick shower. Oh my goodness!! For people who love their showers this is a must! It was extremely powerful and had no end to hot water - not like the luke warm dribble in most hotels of this star rating. Remember this is only classed as 3 star!
Next morning we woke and headed for breakfast, delicious, freshly cooked omlettes and a fry up for my friend - no food was left sitting all morning under heat lamps - all was cooked to order. Bottomless tea and coffe was available - had we not to get back home to Belfast I think we would have stayed there gossiping all morning!
I definitely would recommend a stay in this hotel, even for a nice weekend out Magherafelt is a lovely town with amazing restaurants (try Sizzlers) and great nightlife - we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
N Ireland
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed at this hotel on business and would recommend it. Clean throughout and excellent staff. 100% satisfied.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I had a lovely relaxing time staying in the Terrace, the room was very nice, clean and spacious. One of the best hotels i have ever stayed in!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed at the Terrace Hotel to attend a wedding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very good cooked breakfast. Clean modern rooms. We left behind an item at the hotel that they promptly posted back without charge.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
White River House Hotel
Ardtara Country House
Ardtara Country House
#1 of 1 in Upperlands
Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn

Been to The Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!