“Don't miss out on this B&B in the heart of N. Ireland!”

Clearwater House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
Clearwater House B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Don't miss out on this B&B in the heart of N. Ireland!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

All we can say is WOW! Bernie and Robert made us feel at home right from the start of our stay. The accommodations were excellent, as was the full Irish Breakfasts that were served by both hosts. They also provided us a lift to the town centre and back, so we could enjoy dinners and drinks at local estabishments without worrying about driving. Clearly this B&B is a hidden gem, not to be missed by travelers researching family heritage or wandering through the natural beauty of Northern Ireland's countryside and rugged coastal areas.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Recycle1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is by far the best stay away for work i have had. The comfort ,cleanliness and hospitality were superb as was the breakfast. I still can`t get over how cheap the rooms are!!!
even the wifi is free.The so called big hotel chains are left in the shade when compared to Clearwater House.

Many thanks to Robert and Bernie for making a working week seem like a holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank brian t
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Bernie and Robert could not have done more to make us feel welcome...from the greeting at the door, to the rooms to the delicious breakfast... we didnt want for anything. It was a most enjoyable stay, with very friendly people and we would certainly highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 ... Which has a great roomy shower! Very appreciated especially by my husband...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a super nice stay at clearwaterhouse during my cycle race the Tour of Ulster. Many thanks to Bernie and Robert (and Tyson), who were super nice and friendly. Food excellent and they catered to my needs beyond the norms for my cycling weekend, which was really super because it meant i could relax in quite and comfort after the race. The rooms were all really clean and comfortable and the whole place quiet and relaxing. GS

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

To say that my stay at the Clearwater House was immaculate would be an immense understatement. The house isn't only beautiful - it's impeccably clean, comfortable and located on a beautiful piece of land about 5 minutes outside of Magherafelt.

The rooms are huge with the oh-so-comfortable beds you dream about when you're on holiday. A great night's sleep is just about guaranteed, especially when the only noise you hear once the sun goes down is the quiet hum of the occasional car passing by on the highway and the quiet chirping of nature's nocturnal critters.

Great TVs (although I barely watched them, especially with the beautiful countryside all around you and the need see as much as I could) and easily accessible free Wi-Fi throughout the house for all your computer / smartphone needs. If you're the good 'ol fashioned desktop type, no need to worry - they've got a desktop PC at your disposal. A bookshelf adorns the entrance with a huge collection of old and new reading selections, with a smaller bookshelf chock full of brochures, maps, places to go and so much more.

If you're looking for the type of Irish breakfast you've dreamt about, you'll find it at the Clearwater House. Not only is it the best breakfast I've ever had, but everything is of top-notch quality and freshness. Homemade breads, perfectly cooked farm-fresh eggs, outstanding rashers, delicious coffee, delicate yet flavorful white pudding and beautifully ripe tomatoes dance all over your palate from first to last bite - being full from breakfast never felt so good!

I'd like to finish by giving Bernice, Richard and Tyson (one of the coolest dogs I've ever met) the utmost thanks and appreciation for being the most gracious, humble and hospitable hosts I've ever met in my entire life. Not only could they write the book on how to run the best B&B in Ireland, they genuinely cared about every aspect of my stay - what time I wanted to have breakfast, how my night's sleep was, how the search for my ancestors was going, my life back in the US, and even remembering that Digestives are my favorite snack and going out of their way to get me a small plate full of biscuits before I went to bed and all things in between.

They are the true definition of benevolence and I'll never forget my stay at the Clearwater House.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Drewzilla1
Stockton on Tees
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed with Robert and Bernie again over the weekend of 25th April/28th April and as usual was treat like family. These are the nicest people to stay with over in Northern Ireland and they look after you very well indeed. The rooms are kept clean and the breakfast will keep you going most of the day(as do the beans!). A lift into town each evening so no bother with drinking and driving.This has been my fifth time at Clearwater and I see no reason to try anywhere else when I visit Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: The room at the front of house has the sunshine bursting through the windows in the morning while th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alanbrown46
Monaghan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here week nights while working in the area for a couple of months.
Very homely and welcoming. Bernie and Robert were more than welcoming and I was completely relaxed and at home during my stay which is nice to be able to really unwind after work.
Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. Its in a good location too for accessing alot of Northern Ireland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
Apparo Restaurant & Hotel
#1 of 3 in Antrim
Dewhamill
Dewhamill
#2 of 5 in Magherafelt

Been to Clearwater House B&B? Share your experiences!