“Cosy and homely.”

Clearwater House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
Clearwater House B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Cosy and homely.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Travelling back to Northern Ireland, Margherafelt is a central point and Clearwater house b and b is a perfect location for venturing out. Robert and Bernie are excellent hosts and make the stay in Margherafelt very welcoming, relaxing and entertaining. A real irish atmoshphere and experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed with Bernie and Robert for 2 nights while visiting friends in Northern Ireland. The B&B was perfectly placed for where we needed to go, easy to get to, and convenient to Magherafelt. The room was very comfortable with a fantastic shower and all the amenities we needed. We were greeted warmly with a cup of tea as soon as we arrived, and were shown a great deal of personal attention by our hosts. So far so good, but what really amazed us was the fantastic breakfast! Beautifully cooked to order, good quality food, including good old Ulster ingredients like white pudding, soda and potato farls and wheaten bread. We really could not have asked for a better place to stay, and would definitely stay here again if we were in the area; in fact, I would plan the dates around room availability! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We showed up by chance at the end of a long day and since we didn't know if they had a room available my husband John made the enquiries with Bernie in the foyer. She asked me to come in from the car and so the deal was made - a great start for our holiday.
Bernie and Robert made us feel right at home - told us where to eat and invited us back to their living room complete with peat fire for company afterward.
Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and filling and we left feeling we had become long distance friends.
Maureen and John Canada

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Luton
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to NI with other members of my family. Although it was for a very sad reason and there was not much to smile about , I have to say that the welcome we received from Bernie and Robert at Clearwater House ,definitely put a big smile on our faces.
Both went out of their way to make our stay with them as pleasant as they could. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was to die for. From the first to the last minute it was a wonderful experience.
And anywhere you stay where the landlady offers to iron your clothes for you , we'll in my book that's going above and beyond being a great host.
We will definitely be back next year and would recommend Clearwater House as a great place to stay.
Thanks again Bernie & Robert

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank AidanLuton
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I returned to this wonderful B&B for the 3rd time in Oct12. Once again the welcome Bernie and Robert gave us was second to none, nothing is too much trouble for them,
they are indeed the perfect hosts.
The bedrooms are spacious clean and with everything you need, for a comfortable stay.
We now come to the breakfasts, what can we say, fantastic, a true Irish breakfast, which sets you
up for the day.
We are already planning to return next year.

Andrea and Malcolm Allen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doracutchie
Belfast
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was doing a walking and sightseeing holiday and was in Magherafelt for two days in September 2011. Bernie and Robert were brilliant from the start. I had been traveling by bus so Bernie picked me up and looked after me. My room was very clean,comfortable and warm. I was given trip advice,where to eat and go in Magherafelt and in the surrounding area. The breakfasts were wonderful and because I was walking they supplied me with lunch's. They went above and beyond your normal b+b stay even offering to take me places to see and picking me up so I did`n need to use taxis. It was a real home from home. I meant to get back this year but had to change my plans but I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I, as well as my Mum and Dad spent two nights at Clearwater House. Mum and Dad stayed in a room on the ground floor, which was perfect because Dad has trouble with stairs. The rooms were clean, comfortable and warm. Some of the B&B's we had stayed in prior to this were a bit chilly, but here we were nice and toasty! The breakfasts were delicious! Bernie is a wonderful cook and the portions were generous. Please be sure to try the fried bread. Yummy! Bernie and Robert were kind and attentive hosts. Bernie even provided cold medicine for my husband. She is very sweet and thoughtful. Thank you Bernie and Robert for a lovely stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
Royal Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1
Dewhamill
Dewhamill
#2 of 4 in Magherafelt

Been to Clearwater House B&B? Share your experiences!