“New Year's Day Visit”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Latest visit to restaurant on New Years Day. In at 5pm and the place was buzzing. Took the early bird offer of free soup and free dessert with every main course ordered. Ordered bang bang chicken for starters and omg it was delish - partner had mushroom rosenberg and these too were lovely. I had the sirloin steak asked for medium and it was perfection - really mouthwatering. Partner had the Thai red chicken curry and again this was lovely - he is usually very hard to please! Gave the kids our free soups as starters and then they had sausage and chips meals each with free drink and ice cream. Customer service was excellent as always and will be returning very soon.

There are newer reviews for Simplicity Restaurant

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had sunday lunch and chose from evening menu. Had brie to start, beautiful and then seabass as a main. It was very tasty, with crispy baby boiled potatoes, sundried tomatoes, asparagus and a delicious white sauce. Great portion sizes, didn't even have room for dessert.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food here I cannot fault, the price is excellent due to the great offers. Have had lunch here every week for the last 6weeks, and have frequented the evening sitting, all great value especially with the early board, Service is fast, a few but not all of the waiters could learn to smile and be a bit more pleasant(I'm sure they know who they are), but in saying that cannot fault anything else. Have booked our Christmas works do here and I am really looking forward to the food. Well done Simplicity, one of the better restaurants in Magherafelt. Keep up the great work. Will now make this our favourite eatery.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I used to be a monthly regular but this was my first visit in about 6 months.

Me and my partner for a birthday dinner

We arrived at 16.40 on sunday and walked inside and after about 5 minutes of standing waiting to be seated someone who i assume was staff shouted from about 20 foot were not open yet. It was then as i exited i seen the opening hours on the window which they had covered with an offer.

We left and returned a few hours later as we had a voucher to use and I didnt want to spoil the evening by saying to my partner lets not go back there.

We returned later. We got seated promptly and made or orders to a very polite and friendly waitress. After a few minutes she returned to tell us that one of the sides that was ordered was unavailable and offered a few suggestions. As we sat waiting on our starter I could hear the table beside us talking loudly which wasnt as bad as the cursing and shouting I could hear coming from the kitchen. It didnt bother me but it is not the type of thing my girlfriend needed to hear.

We ate our starter and it was prompt service again as we didnt wait long for our mains.. Polite waitress came back again to check if food was of and to take another drink order as my glass was empty.

As we ate our mains we listend to the sound of staff taping up the fridges behind the bar and dragging all the tables and chairs to one side of the room. As they must have been going to repaint or something. I do not understand how this couldnt have been done during closing hours.

We ordered desert and it was also prompt service.

Summary: ok food, served fast.. Would not return for definate.

6  Thank chiefofbeefni
Reviewed November 11, 2012

early bird menue 7 days a week this means free starter &desert when ordering a main soup was excellent main schitzel cordon bleu withsweet potato fries chicken with cheese &bacon was very good as was thai chicken curry desert fudge cake lovely pavlova just average £23.45 really good value