“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went here with my boyfriend for lunch. Were told that when we ordered a main we would receive a free starter - garlic mushrooms or dessert - pavlova. I opted for the simplicity chicken which included a chicken breast served on champ with tobacco onions and irish whisky sauce. My boyfriend ordered the burger and fries. We then both had the pavlova for dessert. The lunch and staff were lovely. The lunch only cost £15 for two courses each - brilliant. Have dined in here quite alot and have never had a fault yet!

There are newer reviews for Simplicity Restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is quite a nice restaurant inside, although very average on the outside. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is quite good but very poor value for the money as portions are extremely small.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Called in with a friend for lunch, was informed soup or portion of garlic mushrooms were free when a main meal was ordered, not sure how this would pay for them to have this offer on!!!!welcomed & shown you our seat very promptly, drinks ordered & served. Mushrooms were lovely, soup was good, probably a much smaller bowl, I hope) than the one you would get if you were paying for it., no bread offered with it.
My friend had a burger, came with a small well presented salad & a portion of fries, well presented but Alas, out pet hate, served on a Wooden Platter, how can these be hygienic??? My friend requested a plate, no problem, plate arrived very quickly. How can you put your salad, your sauce, fries etc & cut your burger on a long wooden platter?? Everything would fall off it!
I had the pan fried chicken, a whiskey sauce, I think it was, tobacco onions all on a bed of mash.
Mash was lovely, onions & sauce was great. Chicken was a little tough, probably fried too fast!

All in All this is a great restaurant with great people working in it. Staff are well presented, excellent at their jobs, very pleasant & prices are reasonable. Just hate the wooden platter, chicken a little dry, otherwise this is a perfect place.
Will return and will tell all my friends about it.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

A group of Women's Institute ladies completed our day out with an early meal here. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The meal was pre-booked. We were allocated booths all down one side of the restaurant - reminded me of the 50's Italian fish & chip/ice cream parlour type of thing. Although we were early we didn't have long to wait on our food....soup was very tasty - a chunk of bread with butter was served with it. I had salmon which arrived on a bed of mashed potato and two spears of asparagus. The asparagus had too much bite in it for me and was cold....the salmon was tasty enough but not hot enough, nor were the potatoes hot enough for me....but this is being picky as they were eatable...I just like hot food on a hot plate.
Desert was three small scoops of ice cream in a waffle basket....the waffle was not good to eat at all but the ice cream was just very average. Coffee was undrinkable....tasted like the dregs of a pot which had been sitting for a long time. My companions seemed to like their food ok...especially the chocolate desert.
I don't know how much this meal cost us so can't comment on that.
All in all it was a pleasant experience with friends - could do better would be my final comment.

1  Thank quill-drill
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Went with a large group for an evening meal, we had booked in advance and they were very well organized, we were in a closed off area. We all decided to opt just for a main course but we were impressed by the menu, generally quite varied and there were some nice dishes. Service was second to none, food was really nice, portions were pretty big and the side orders were really well presented too. I can't fault it, relatively reasonable price wise.