“The Best Place To Stay in the UK”

Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My name is Chris and I am from Manchester, I spend most of my time in hotles due to my business and hands down compared to all hotels in the UK THIS IS THE BEST.

Quality room, facilities, bed, sheets and covers, power shower, great price and a home cooked breakfast in the morning to start the day.

I couldn't recommend enough, a must stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

What a compliment !
Thank you very much.I am delighted you think Brooke-lodge is the best in the UK.
Glad you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse

Reviewed June 15, 2014

beautiful room ,,,, lovely lovely people ,, spotless breakfast was outstanding ,,we,ll definetly be back loved it we,ll be recommending it to friends and family ,,great prices ,, we think they should get more than three stars ,,,,,, many thanks Les and Ruth

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thanks for this excellent review!
We are happy you loved staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Magherafelt is a charming town NW of Belfast - it is passed by everyone on the way to someplace else. We stayed and enjoyed the absence of cheap souvenir stores hawking merchandise for tourists. We shopped at several excellent grocery stores, had a pint at Mary's Bar & a pastry at Ditty's. We chatted with the owners of Brooke Lodge, Martina & Eamonn about their fantastic breakfast, lovely family and what a great butcher she's got ( try the Brooke Lodge Fry for breakfast). The city center is an easy 15 minute walk, and we met the neighbors walking their dogs, and store owners stopped to chat. This was the best surprise about Ireland & I'm glad we slowed down enough to experience it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LightTraveler2014
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thanks a million for this great review.
We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfasts and lovely town and friendly Magherafelt people.;-))

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

The proprietors of ths fabulous B&B could not do enough to make our 2 night stay more enjoyable.
The hospitality, service & food was outstanding & could not be faulted. I would highly recommend this B&B to all travelers. Cheers from the Aussie group of 5

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
brooke-lodge, Owner at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thanks very much for posting this lovely review.
We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
We are both chuffed ;-)) xx

Reviewed April 12, 2014

What a wonderful House. we were met by a really nice lady who made us feel welcome, the property is a ten year old purpose built B+B, it was wonderfully clean, very well kept and spot on! The food was excellent, probably the best B+B I have ever stayed in, I will certainly be using it again. The best value for money establishment I have been to.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Very warm welcome from the owners after a great day at The Jungle NI. The room was spotless, great hospitality (as we invaded their fridge with booze)! Felt comfortable from as soon as we got there, fully recomend.

Ps Craig says thanks for the toothpaste :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I arrived on 2 December 2013 at Brook Lodge completely by accident as I was looking for a completely different Guest House altogether! The couple that greeted me confirmed that I hadn't made a booking but had a room all the same, they kept smiling and looked as though they were thoroughly enjoying themselves. The room was just £60 and included breakfast (much cheaper than the £80 and £90 I had been quoted elsewhere in Magherafelt!)

The place looked brand new, pristine, everything was immaculate, no signs of wear and tear. I was very impressed. The room was superb and the bed was very warm and comfortable. The bathroom was equipped with a jacuzzi which was fun to use although a bit scary if you are not used to it and the TV was huge (not that I had time to watch TV!). There were tea making facilities as well.

The cooked breakfast was superb and even the view from the dining room was pleasant as it overlooked a field with trees and horses in it. It is just a pleasant 10 minute walk (1km) into Magherafelt which isn't too bad, it also means there is less traffic noise than if you were more centrally based.

I couldn't recommend this place enough. I just couldn't get over how pleased and happy the couple were that owned the guest house. If I were in the area again, I would definitely stay here. 10/10.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 which was perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew-Hurley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
Apparo Restaurant & Hotel
#2 of 4 in Magherafelt
Walsh's Hotel
Walsh's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Maghera

Been to Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse? Share your experiences!