“Home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greyabbey
The Retreat Greyabbey Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Greyabbey B&B and Inns
Bushmills, United Kingdom
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend booked a 3day romatic break at the Retreat as a surprise for me. And what a surprise it was. The easy way to describe the experience would be an 'all inclusive b&b' with the added bonus of relaxation treatments. Breakfast at any time, lunch at anytime and a romantic candle-lit dinner in the evening, I was in heaven!!!
The fresh flowers and fruit in the room were very welcoming and we were always made to feel at home with Bill and Barbara.
The next time I come back to Greyabbey I will be with the girls......as the location, the attention to detail and the treatments are a winning combination for a girlie break!
See you soon Bill and Barbara!!

Lynne x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well what can i say...talk about home from home :-) even had Bill bring me a cushion for my feet and lifte my legs to put my feet up to relax after my massage,with a lovely glass of wine.
My husband was not keen on a BnB because he said its in someones home and in their space.But a 3 day booking went to four! they give you space when you want it and chat and even a sing song when you want it.
I am always worried about cleanliness but OH MY WORD even the Queen would be happy here.Both hosts were so attentive to our needs and we even had an evening meal,which kept us chilled out.Loved the crazy golf close by and never laughed so much there and felt so much better on leaving.Infact had a tear in my eye...like leaving a good friend.I was more comfortable and slobbed out on their sofa than i am with some friends i know,so that says alot.Will certainly return to such good value for money,and top notch food,cleanliness.......and the list goes on!Thanks to you both for your care to us and our daughter you are "simply the best"!!!!better than all the rest la la la la :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
belfast
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I booked in a few weeks ago at The Retreat for the 3 day package with breakfast, lunch , dinner and treatments included. I wanted to escape for a while from home as I was in the middle of house renovations and in need of some valuable 'me' time.I was the only guest in the house for the 3 days which was fine for me.
Firstly, i agree with all the previous reviewers that Barbara and Bill could not be better hosts. The food was excellent and Bill's love of cooking was obvious in the beautiful presentation. Full marks! Once I stepped into Barbara's treatment room with its gorgeous views of the countryside I felt my whole body relax. Barbara is a highly skilled therapist and delivers a personally tailored treatment.....nothing standard here!. After 3 days of this pampering I was ready but very sad to be on my way home. I will return certainly as I rate the experience very highly and consider the package extremely good value for money. ( Had an almost similar package in Galgorm recently but prefer the more personal experience of The Retreat.)
The countryside around Greyabbey is beautiful and The Retreat is a short drive from a beautiful beach. It is the perfect place to escape to the country without having to travel for hours. I visited the beautiful house and grounds of Mountstewart which was a short drive away and spent a very pleasant afternoon there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ladybirdBelfast
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stopped at the retreat for 4 night and as soon as i walked through the door i felt welcomed with open arms. i would highly recommend stopping there. its such a lovely peaceful place. Bill and Barbara are so welcoming they both helped me in any witch way they could. bills breakfasts are second to none outstanding all the food was amazing. the room i stopped in down stairs was really relaxing and very comfortable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made so welcome!
Lovely Hosts and beautiful rooms.
Food was delicious too.
Would definatly recommend this place, its in such a peaceful location.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I spent 2 nights at The Retreat with my husband and 2 friends and would have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful B&B. We had a beautiful room which was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Bill and Barbara were attentive and friendly hosts who were eager to provide us with everything we needed to make our stay a happy one. Bill is an expert in the kitchen providing us with a fantastic breakfast, anything of your choice. On our return in the evenings Bill and Barbara were on hand to welcome us back and ask about our day and provide refreshments. An excellent establishment.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went to The Retreat with four friends for a 'girlie' weekend (three nights) and we had a brilliant time, despite the awful weather. We were met by a warm welcome from Bill and Barbara and shown to our lovely spacious bedrooms with very comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms. The house is in a peaceful location very close to Strangford Lough and I wish the weather had been nice enough to enjoy their private garden and outdoor seating area. After going out for the day each day, we returned to The Retreat and we all had either a massage or reflexology session with Barbara which was wonderful. Bill cooked our superb breakfast and evening meal each day which I can thoroughly recommend - great choice of menu and, as other people have said, nothing was too much trouble. Bill and Barbara are fantastic hosts and really friendly and sociable. If you are looking for a great place to stay in a quiet pretty location yet only 20 minutes from Belfast City then you must give The Retreat a try - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The cream room is a beautiful room with huge en-suite bathroom and massive TV. All the rooms have d...