“Sorry we were only here for 1 night..........”

Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 12 Holmfirth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a charming B&B. To be honest we don't normally do B&B's as we do like to remain "anonymous" when travelling.

Rachel and Jason have an amazing home which is beautifully decorated throughout and absolutely spotlessly clean. My mother in law had a room in the main house and my husband and I had a room just to the back of the house in an annex.

My mother in laws room was the last one left in the house and her bedroom was not en-suite so her bathroom (solely hers) but just a short hop across directly from her room. Because of this they provided dressing gowns for her and she was very impressed with her room and bathroom. Our room was literally yards from the front door of the house (two annexed rooms adjoined to each other) which I actually like, because as a smoker I didn't have to traipse through the house to have a cigarette. (I would recommend these rooms if like me you are a smoker :o) ).

Breakfast was yummy - of course being on holiday we just had to have the full English and it was beautifully cooked.

We would certainly stay here again when visiting our friends in Holmfirth (which itself is a stunning little village).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a family funeral to attend in Manchester and didn't want to be in the city. The room we stayed in was 'Church View' which was large and airy with a lovely view of the snow covered hills. The breakfasts are awesome and 'eyes are bigger than belly' - locally resourced and well cooked. The kipper was the most natural colour I've seen in a long time. The couple running the B&B offer help without asking - e.g. would you like real milk in your room, let me carry your cases for you etc. The Art Nouveau wardrobe had dressing gowns inside for our use and the towels were so thick you could lose a kitten in them. We didn't get to use the sitting room but it was elegant and full of things to borrow or use. The torches near the front door were a welcome thing as it is dark in Holmfirth. Brilliant pub nearby (turn right outside B&B, turn left at small crossroads), called Farmers Arms who kindly rang the B&B when we left our postcards there. The only thing I found difficult were the wifi type light switches but I can see their point.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sunny bank is amazing, gorgeous location, and rooms. Rachel and Jason are lovely and helpful, and provide amazing service plus a unreal breakfast menu. Would recommend it to everyone you will fall in love with this place and feel truly spoilt by the fantastic views and overall feel of the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Spent last weekend at Sunnybank and had very comfortable and enjoyable time. Lovely room and bathroom, beautiful views and cosy and warm. Delicious breakfast. Thank you Jason and Rachel. We really appreciated being able to come back to the room during the day, also enjoyed sitting in the guests' sitting room downstairs
The bathroom was equipped with everything one could wish for, including candles. There was a good selection of reading matter which I enjoyed.

My husband and I will certainly come back if we are in the area, it was a lovely place to stay.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a short break in Yorkshire and stayed at Sunnybank. It is a beautiful property,tastefully finished that lends itself well to the Bed & Breakfast industry. Jason and Rachel are excellent hosts and have paid great attention to every detail that guests would require on their stay. We run a small Bed & Breakfast ourselves so tend to be a little critical but I have to say this one is a little gem! Thoroughly recommended and lots of nice eating places in Holmfirth that are within walking distance.
Thank you Jason & Rachel,hope you have a very prosperous season!
Bob & Linda.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Currently at Sunny bank for a relaxing break. Could not ask for better hosts, food or accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble. Thankyou !.
If you're visiting the area we would highly recommend this as a base.

1  Thank Issy3008
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and myself have just returned today from a 2 night break at this lovely Guest House. We stayed in the Church View Room which was very comfortable with stunning views. The Full Yorkshire Breakfast will set you up for the day, beautifully cooked and served piping hot. Do try the Farmers Arms for an evening meal its only a short walk, very friendly staff and the Meat and Potato Pie is to die for. A BIG thank you to Jason and Rachel for making our break very relaxing we thoroughly enjoyed our time with you. Will definitely tell our friends to give your Guest House a try. Ken & Julie (10 kids ha ha)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Old Bridge Inn
#6 of 12 in Holmfirth
The Huntsman Inn
The Huntsman Inn
#4 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse? Share your experiences!