“Great night out!”

Ranked #21 of 80 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A bar where great music of all genres comes together with craft beer from all over the world, classic cocktails, great wine and service, to create an atmosphere unlike any other."Buy the ticket. Take the ride"Hunter S Thompson
Heathfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 from 'down South' hit Holmfirth on Saturday night and we know how to party! This was a fab night of good company - friends and family all out to taste craft beers, cocktails and the incredible range of quality and unique spirits. The drinks menu is a literary work of art, Luke more than knows his 'stuff' when it comes to alcohol. For those who have an interest in what they are drinking ( not just the effects of what they are consuming) the knowledge, history and description is amazing! It is a place we will visit again, the service was tops with an atmosphere better than any London bar - quirky and relaxed. Well done Luke & your team! Ps brunch was a winner too! Sue and guests x

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Joyce I

“Great Bar & Great Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have been to Gonzo many times now & it never fails to impress. The drinks are fabulous no matter what you ask for, my husband especially loves the fantastic selection of real ales on offer. The staff are brilliant & the food......... well, lets just say the chicken & slaw sandwich that I had tonight was excellent. All five stars in our opinion. Well done Luke & keep up the good work.

• Visited January 2014
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“An Amazing New Year Event! ”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We decided to give gonzo a shot for new year and it was such a laugh.
It has a very relaxed atmosphere with no trouble makers, plus it's never too busy to get to the bar.
The bar staff are all very friendly and do make some great drinks.
The only think that could improve is there spirt selection, as me and my partner drink sweet spirits like coconut rum and flavoured vodka which seem to be the only think they don't have.
But other that, this place is a great venue. It's going to be a regular.

1 Thank BenBamforth
LukeRibs, Owner at Gonzo, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hi Ben,

Firstly - thanks for your kind words, I'm really glad you enjoyed our NYE event, as a lot of hard work went into trying to do something a bit different for Holmfirth!

Secondly, I really appreciate your feedback and we're going to make a few changes as a direct result of your suggestions. As you know, we avoid mainstream brands in favour of the more boutique and unusual spirits, so; after speaking with our suppliers I am pleased to say that we will be carrying the full range of Stolichnaya flavoured vodkas along with Koko Kanu Coconut rum. I am satisfied that these products will both meet the requirements of our customers, and also stay in keeping with the ethos of Gonzo - which is to only sell independent and quality products.

Thanks again for your feedback - and if you'd like to head down after we re-open following our Christmas break, your first 2 drinks are on us as a thank you for your suggestions.

Best

Luke (Owner / Partner)
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“If You Want Something Unique..”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Defiantly a good place to come if your after something different.
Most drinks that are served are very unique, American beers and spirits you wouldn't normally find.
Good friendly service too.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best burger since Five Guys Burger and Fries”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had the Gonzo burger which is based around pulled pork and was AMAZING!!! I paid £8.25 which was well worth the money as I could hardly fit the thing in my mouth. The pork was so succulent and literally fell apart in my mouth, extremely well sourced ingredients. Top top burger

• Visited November 2013