“Great for families and friends”
Review of Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 25 Meters up Dunford Road, through the purple door next to Gonzo. Weekend booking is wise!
West Yorkshire, England
“Great for families and friends”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Been twice this weekend, first with friends and then returned with the family the next day. Attentive service, excellent food - i had the pulled pork sandwich the first night and ribs the second night, which were covered in meat!
Fantastic to see something of this nature in Holmfirth, just what we need for families! Hope to see it grow from strength to strength!

• Visited February 2013

Holmfirth
“American Adventure”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Soul Kitchen could be easily missed due to the discreet entrance but once you reach the top of the stairs you are met not only by Sally, the co owner, but also 'pop art graffiti'. The restaurant is light and welcoming. Once seated we both chose American beers to drink from the limited menu, both were new to us but were a good choice. We had starters of nachos with chilli and cheese - delicious - and a medium portion of chicken wings which were perfectly cooked with a crispy coating.
For mains we had pulled pork sandwich and Yorkshire burger with sides of chips, coleslaw and Boston beans. What a treat, all were cooked to perfection and excellently presented. The pork was the best we had tasted and before we had finished eating we were talking about what we would have on our next visit! What a refreshing change this diner is for Holmfirth when the choice before has been either tapas or Indian. May you go from strength to strength.

YORKS
“too big expectations”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was really looking forward to the meal perhaps I worked my self up into a food frenzie being an avid mvf follower
on tv
ok my honest review
restraunt
service great nice clean fresh inviting environment
food
maybe because I'd been watching too much mvf I don't know but I had the pulled pork with BBQ sauce
felt you couldn't really taste saltiness of pork under too much bbq sauce
not stringy enough either sour dough bun very filling indeed
fried chicken the best crispy and lovely
only one piece wish I'd had that instead of pulled pork
sides slaw a bit too creamy but lovley
and fresh chips as expected
drinks shakes
nice creamy could be a little thicker and served in an old style milkshake glass
rather than a jam jar
my friend said best rice and peas ever
on the whole not bad
it's good that something like this is opened in Holmfirth rather than Indian restraunts all the time
well done to the owners I would recommend others to try
perhaps rather than having all the extras as sides on the menu
maybe you could do a combo or set meal type of thing
only down side too much loveliness to choose from
also pulled pork could be a little larger
portions
but a heartily well done to the owners I'm sure ull do really well
thankyou for your excellent service

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Only alright”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This seems like a bit of a fad! The food is not bad but not what I would call restaurant quality and the service was not that good. We went as a couple and it was reasonably priced but I was left feeling underwhelmed. Worth a visit to see for yourself but I was just not that impressed.

Visited December 2012
Reaps72, Owner at Soul Kitchen, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I'm sorry you weren't impressed Timothy!

I would be interested to know why you felt the food wasn't quality, although we aren't trying to be a restaurant, more a diner really, but the food is supposed to be of high standard?

What exactly underwhelmed you & where was the service lacking?

Without more clear comments we can't use your criticism in a constructive manner.

Cheers
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

You have to look for the sign but once in there the staff (Sally) look after you. Try the home made burgers or chicken as main meal. The starters we had were potato skins and tako's, dessert was American cheese cake with ice cream. You can keep your supermarket Finest. Compliments to the chef Michael.

• Visited January 2013