“Good, honest food and friendly reception”
Review of The Ford Inn

The Ford Inn
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home cooked food at its best all freshly prepared in house using only the finest ingredients from local suppliers.Menus to suit everyones tastebuds from a la carte,light bites,bar snacks,daily changing specials board and home cooked childrens menu.On sundays we offer all of these choices alongside our freshly hand carved roast dinners always offering atleast two choices of meat for the perfect sunday dinner.We have four roaring log burning fireplaces to keep you warm during the cold winter months and outside seating areas for those rare sunny days,great for enjoying a drink and taking in the stunning views of the West yorkshire countryside.we now have pie night every wednesday night from 5pm until 9pm with a choice of atleast five homemade pies all including a drink(selected pint of lager/bitter,glass of house wine or soft drinks) for only £11.95 per person.
Daventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, honest food and friendly reception”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As with a few other reviewers, we arrived at the Ford Inn unplanned and unannounced - We had been travelling for a few hours and found ourselves looking for a place to eat. The Ford Inn hove into view and, at the last moment, I spotted the sign saying that food was served. So we pulled onto the car park and walked inside.

First impressions were very good indeed - we were greeted by the owner, and immediately made to feel welcome. The dining area was spacious, and staff were both courteous and friendly. We made our choices from the menu, sat back and relaxed while our food was prepared. When it was served, I was genuinely surprised by the quality and quantity. Not only was the main dish well prepared and properly cooked, but also the accompanying vegetables were *just right* - neither over-cooked nor under-provisioned.

All the time we were there, The same friendly welcome was extended to all customers. While paying for our meal (which was quite reasonably priced) I had the opportunity to chat for a moment with the owner. It was immediately obvious that he has a firm grasp on running the business and what his customers require - i.e. good quality grub with first class service, all at a competitive price point. I wholeheartedly recommend this establishment.

• Visited August 2013

Holmfirth
“Nice food v expensive”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to the ford because the Toad and Tatty was shut and we used to lunch here a few years ago. Its a traditional pub could do with a bit of tlc. Friendly staff food was nice (decent pub food)., I was very happy until I got the bill. I thought £80 was rather a lot for 2 adults and 1 child. But that said its nice to have a meal in a proper pub and I would still reccomend a visit if you are in the area, Holmfirth is full of overpriced eateries I suppose he is just keeping up with the other.

• Visited August 2013
“Baby's first outing at the ford!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing meal for our girls 1st night out. Superb food as always and great hospitality!

The ford is one of the best HOLMFIRTH has to offer.

Holmfirth
“A great welcome”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Called in to the Ford Inn on a Sunday lunchtime. We had been out cycling and were on our way to another pub when we were caught in heavy rain so we stopped at the Ford Inn for a pint and to dry out. We got a fantastic welcome from the chatty landlord and ended up staying for lunch. The food was pretty good and the staff very attentive and welcoming. We would definitely return again.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited the Ford on a recommendation from a work colleague and we were not disappointed. The pub does not look much from the outside - I think more could be done to make it more welcoming and the outside space needs developing so people can sit out and eat. However once inside we were greeted by a friendly man behind the bar who gave us a choice of tables to sit at and took our drinks order. I chose the sea bass and my wife went for the chicken stir fry and both plates were dressed professionally and both looked amazing. They both tasted as good as they looked and I did not want mine to end it was so nice. The pub looks fresh and recently refurbished, the music was relaxing and the staff were very friendly and efficient. I couldn't really fault it and will be visiting again.