“Try it and see for yourself”
Review of The Ford Inn

The Ford Inn
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Home cooked food at its best all freshly prepared in house using only the finest ingredients from local suppliers.Menus to suit everyones tastebuds from a la carte,light bites,bar snacks,daily changing specials board and home cooked childrens menu.On sundays we offer all of these choices alongside our freshly hand carved roast dinners always offering atleast two choices of meat for the perfect sunday dinner.We have four roaring log burning fireplaces to keep you warm during the cold winter months and outside seating areas for those rare sunny days,great for enjoying a drink and taking in the stunning views of the West yorkshire countryside.we now have pie night every wednesday night from 5pm until 9pm with a choice of atleast five homemade pies all including a drink(selected pint of lager/bitter,glass of house wine or soft drinks) for only £11.95 per person.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited this place twice now and it does not let you down. Good atmosphere, fine selection of drinks with great food, well presented. I just wish I could stay for longer. I will just have to go back..

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perfect Yorkshire Pub. Easy parking, friendly owner, quiet comfortable dining area,and excellent food. The owner let my mister sample a couple of beers so he could decide which one he wanted to order. We had the fried brie with sweet onion starter, vegetarian tart (egg and cheese with tomato, olives, and basil) and mushroom stroganoff. I have been seriously craving Yorkshire pudding, but it is hard to find a good vegetarian gravy. The owner happily substituted Yorkshire pudding for the rice with my stroganoff, and it was delicious - Like a creamy mushroom and onion gravy. We went on a quiet Sunday night and most of the other customers were regulars. I can see why. We would be too if we lived a bit closer :) We were lucky enough to be on a "date night" when we were there, but two families with small children came in while we were eating and the staff seemed very friendly towards them and they all seemed to have a good time.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food was excellent and service was great well worth a visit - would recommend the fish and chips

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Ford Inn.....if you want somewhere to be loud, drunk, misbehave, be naughty and annoy oher customers, don't come here. This is somewhere you can go just for a drink if you like, but you are much better going for that drink and tagging a meal on with it!
This pub is not a place where they send in ready made pre-packed massproduced big chain microwave bing bing no taste quality dependant on whose finger sets the timer type pub. It is a pub where the meals are freshly made, very very healthy portions and tasty too. Prices are what you would expect for food actually made by the chef. It is NOT a 2 for a fiver. But, it is probably better value!!
Tonight, my credit card user had a chicken pie, totally stuffed with tasty chicken. I, the poor one in the relationship (now!), had a black pudding and belly pork starter which was just about big enough for a main, and then a house made chicken kiev, very good. Both of us had chips - if these were not home made, I am from south yorkshire!! (and I am definitely not by the way)Staff were good, efficient and topped off with a huge roaring traditional and local farmhouse range, what more do you need. Local pub at its best.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

A lovely friendly welcome always greats you at The Ford Inn. We have been visiting from Manchester for about 2 years now and will continue to visit. The food is superb and the staff always attentive. I can recommend the daily specials and I usually pick off this board. We used to go to The Huntsman but on the way home from Holmefirth a couple of years ago we decided to try The Ford Inn. Glad we did and its always our first choice now when we are in the area.