“Budget hotel at best”
Review of Old Bridge Inn

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holmfirth
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I when to this hotel (hostel) .We booked through bookings.com ? We arrived to be told we were double booked so we could only stay 1night although booking.com booked us in for 2nights we had booked a room with a balcony or so we thought (hahaha) We were then asked if we would like to look at some different rooms so we said yes (why did we bother ) after 4 trips up 3 flights of stairs we said we would like our money back .The lady said we would have to claim it back through Bookings.com the extremely unhelpful lady from booking.com said we would have to claim it back from the hotel ?? By this time my wife was getting quite upset so we decided to stay the room had no bath which we also asked for on the booking through booking.com it was no bigger than a prison cell and actually smelt a bit like 1
So please be aware if booking through BOOKING.COM if you have a complaint don't even bother ringing them because there not bothered just like most big company's they take your money and basically tell you to go and take a run and jump the staff at the hotel were nice enough but a simple refund was all it needed and to think I paid £144.00 for this pathetic little room was an insult the pictures on the web sight are very miss leading so if you do stay here negotiate a price of no more than £35.00 because at best it's a cheap BUDGET hotel and once again a great big thank you for NOTHING TO WAIT FOR IY ............BOOKING.COM FOR DOING ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO HELP CHEERS

Room Tip: A great tip is Don't book this hostel oops hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Duncan E
There are newer reviews for Old Bridge Inn

Reviewed January 1, 2014

18 of us spent a 2 night New Year break in the lovely town of Holmfirth. The hotel was clean, warm and reasonably priced. Our room had a fault the first night so we were immediately upgraded to a suit for one night. Hotel staff fixed the problem and moved all our stuff back for night two. Friendly bar with several real ales on tap. Reasonable prices and good food on offer. The breakfasts are huge, almost too big but with loads of choice. Our only issues were the exceptionally hot water and the difficult parking at the hotel. Recommended for a walking holiday or for Summer wine enthusiasts.

Room Tip: Large rooms available with good deals from the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel with 8 friends to have a night away between Christmas and new year. We booked the twixmas package. As soon as we arrived the staff couldn't be more helpfull or welcoming. This includes the bar staff, waitresses and reception. The food was fantastic, the portions were huge, you can't go wrong with a plate full of yummy food. All our bedrooms were spotless and very tastefully decorated. Our only little grumble would be the bedrooms were very warm even with the rads turned off but once windows were opened we were fine. We would defiantly recommend this hotel, we will be returning next year,

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked three rooms for 19 December. By booking in advance I received a substantial saving. The rooms were all comfortable and I considered them to be good value for money. The hotel is well placed for visiting the town and surrounding area and although there was a function on at the facility next door we did not find the noise disturbing. We ate in the hotel restaurant which we also found to be good value - substantial helpings. From check in to check out we found the staff to be very pleasant.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Waynef123
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights to attend a wedding. The room was comfi and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing to complain about, considering that we spent most of time in the wedding.
Shower and amenities were perfect as well the bed sleeping quality was good in addition to the good housekeeping service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adolph80
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Last Monday ordered cold beef sandwich, charged at bar £5.25. Bar staff checked price but knowing the place I was satisfied I would get value for money, eaten there many times over the years so paid it. When it came...Oh dear, tiny, two small slices of bread cut into quarters, tiny amount of beef and a teaspoon measure of coleslaw with a half of a tiny baby tomato. Complained to Manager on duty and told portions were set by company who owned them..called 'Bulldog' Hotel Group. I am not sure if they have only just taken over or have owned the Old Bridge for sometime nevertheless I was given short shrift and told to write in. I e-mailed Bulldog Group following day and last Wednesday received a rather disturbing e-mail from Managing Director Kevin Charity, I was accused of a number of things including bullying them, because I wrote that I would wait for a reply from the group before going into print on this forum. Also accused of being rude and threatening to assault whoever prepared the sandwich. Not a reply I would have expected from a Managing Director of a company who own a number of similar establishments and is suppose to be impartial etc. I replied back about the inflammatory accusations and yesterday morning received a cheque for the £5.25. A cautionary tale here, if you need to complain be aware of the way you may be initially dealt with and the reply you may receive from a so called managing director. Have kept the e-mails for future reference.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Kevin W
BulldogHotelGroup, Owner at Old Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear reviewer

As I explained in my email to you, I am truly sorry that you felt that your sandwich was not value for money.

I am very pleased you received our full refund of £5.25.

As the owner of the Old Bridge Hotel for the past 14 years my first priority is always to my team and to ensure that their welfare comes first. Fortunately, the majority of our valued guests also understand this approach.

Regards Kevin Charity, Managing Director

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here to go and see roy wood at the picturedome, great location only about 10 meters to stager back to the hotel after a great night.had our evening meal in the bar which was lovely. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in any hotel, very impressive, well cooked and plenty of it.the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had room 27, it was spot on
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Durker Roods Hotel
#4 of 12 in Holmfirth
Coddy's Farm
Coddy's Farm
#1 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to Old Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!