“Steak Offer”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Called in at lunchtime on the day after the Tour De France passed through Holmfirth. Had an excellent lunch served by extremely enthusiastic young staff, who coped very well with the large influx of lunchtime customers.
Returned for dinner on Tuesday 21st July after noticing the sign advertising the steak evenings on Tuesday to Thursday evenings.
The dinner includes an 8oz steak accompanied with chips, salad, onion rings, mushrooms and tomatoes, and a bottle of wine for an inclusive price of 20 pounds for 2 people.
The meal and service were excellent both from the point of view of quality and value and provided a very enjoyable summers evening dining experience.
We will definitely be taking the 40 miles round trip to make a repeat visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Called in for a quick snack lunch. Drinks arrived after about 15 minutes and were incorrect. The food order was then taken and arrived after a further 40 minutes. Waitress appeared to have no interest in her job and had obviously had no training in customer service. Front of house staff seemed to have time to spare for chatting amongst themselves whilst the kitchen, judging by the slow service, was obviously understaffed. Food was ok (mainly sandwiches so nothing complicated), but we were not given an itemised bill to check before paying. No, we didn't complain at the time because there seemed to be no one 'in charge' and did not wish to be subjected to further incivility from the waitress.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We visited Holmfirth today to soak up some Last of The Summer Wine vibes and when I found my internet worked so I could check out TA, along with a local recommendation we visited The Brambles, the interior is comfortable yet modern. Tv's dotted around (included on the bar pumps) but they did not interfere with the ambience (love mickey flannagan!) we had a few minutes to wait for a table so ordered drinks at the bar, by the time they had been poured we were seated. The menu was typical British pub food. I went for the home made pate followed by.... Yes you guessed it sausage and mash (it's a recognised addiction I tell you!!) my partner ordered deep fried brie and the mushroom burger. Our 3 year old decided she too wanted to eat so had the tomato and basil pasta. Starters were served after 5 minutes and pate was lovely thick and very livery... My partners brie was very good and the childrens pasta was also very nice.. Tagliatelle rather than the normal penne.
The main meals arrived after another short wait, the burger looked lovely and the skin on chips went down well. Mine looked nice but the chef appeared a little light handed with the gravy so I asked for more and got a boat full!! Sausages were delicious very meaty (Toulouse I was told) the accompanying vegetables were nice (I personally prefer just sausage and mash) but I did get fingers of boiled swede... Strange but I like swede.. The mash is described on the menu as "creamy" well it actually tasted like school dinner mash very starchy almost gloopy, as if it had been blended.. But again I used to love school dinner mash so ate it all. Washed the meal down with 2 pints of there very own micro brewery best bitter and £30 the lot including drinks. Most enjoyable. As Compo would say "By eck thees dun reight good thar"

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our kitchen was out of action so was a last minute decision to try the Brambles and we were very pleased we ate there. The young lady on bar duty was very friendly took our drinks order, told me to take a seat and then came over to our table to take our food order. Choice on the menu was reasonable, I went for the steak & ale pie and it was delicious, I should have taken a photo of the plate as the presentation was very appealing. The young guy waiting on was very courteous and helpful and we left a 10% tip to reflect the level of service we received

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited Holmforth today and chose to eat lunch at Bramble's the coffee that we ordered was served almost immediatly however we waited nearly an hour for food !The poor waitress was on her own and the place was full perhap's you should be looking at putting more staff on at busy period's however having received the food after a long wait it was enjoyable.

1  Thank beverley t
Brambles H, Manager at The Brambles, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Sorry to here about your wait on food, We generally as a rule are pretty steady on Mondays, however on this particular Monday perhaps because of the Le Tour De Yorkshire coming through on the Sunday, we may have had a larger foot fall on this occasion.
In hind sight I should have put another member of staff on in the kitchen and out front so for this i apologise. I'm glad to here that you did enjoy your coffees and food. Thank you for your feedback.

Manager @ Brambles