“An occaisional visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brambles

The Brambles
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Oz in Yorks
“An occaisional visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Pub/restaurant in the town centre.
Have had lunch there a number of times. Good food, an excellent range of beers.
I liked the place

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MACOzinYorks

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I visited Brambles last week and can honestly say what a fab place it was to go. I will deffinatly be returning and have since told friends and family how great it was. The food was exceptional and right up my street. Its clean, comfortable ,trendy and had visitors of all ages. The staff were friendly and accomodating. Can't think of any reason to fault it and will hopefully be returning soon.

1 Thank laura k
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Lovely Treat" from the four of us in Doncaster.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

What a fabulous place....fits perfectly in Holmfirth. We enjoyed the wonderful Christmas Menu which was delicious and our two children had something from the 'kids' selection... even the 'Fish Fingers' were posh !! The decor is stunning ... a real transformation from the previous pub. Whoever designed it deserves a medal ! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. It has really put us in the mood for Christmas! We live in Doncaster but we will certainly be having another run out before too long especially to try the famous 'Brambles' breakfast ! Overall - Faultless !!

1 Thank Tracey G
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family (wife & 2 kids, aged 5 & 7) were in Holmfirth and decided to visit the Brambles for lunch following a friends recommendation. We weren't disappointed!

From entering the bar to be greeted with a smile from the bar man to the fond farewell we were bid it was a faultless experience. I asked about the huge selection of real ales, I was pointed in the direction of 'Brambles Ale' and offered a taster in a taster glass, a great touch. The bar man was knowledgeable about the ales, Brambles Ale certainly is a great pint.

The waiting staff were tremendous, nothing was too much trouble. I know from experience that young children can be trying for waiting staff but the girls here confidently served us and pre-empted everything that the kids may need.

The mezze starter was delicious, home-made hummus really tasty. Kids meals came as we ate our starter with our daughter, Amy, wolfing down the delicious spaghetti bolognaise (I admit I had a little taster). The half roast chicken was moist and the skin crispy, just as it should be. My wife had 'owners choice' fish butty - that too was exceptional, simple food cooked and presented really well. Whilst we really enjoyed our food, I must say I was envious of the table next to us that had ordered the roast beef, it looked amazing!

Too full for desserts we enjoyed the peace and quiet as the kids tucked into their mixed ice cream served in a mug.

All in all a great lunch, we'll certainly be returning. I think that the Brambles has got it spot on, the breakfast sounded great and the leather sofas and Sunday papers meant that chilling would be as enjoyable as dining. Oh yes and a real coffee machine with real coffee! Top notch!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matthew C
“More like last of the summer crap wine ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Looked nice from the outside , decor not in keeping with the location... Staff were slack and to busy chatting .. Whoever was in charge was too busy to be working .. Food was plain , or maybe the chef as lost his Va va voom... Holmfirth is an amazing place ..but not the brambles .. Sorry

• 3 of 5 bubbles