“Great food in a pleasant environment”
Review of The Toad and Tatie - CLOSED

The Toad and Tatie
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in a pleasant environment”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went here for a friends birthday. Varied menu with lots to choose from. Lots of seafood and game as well as more traditional options. Totally yummy

1 Thank snakeswife
Lorraine I, Owner at The Toad and Tatie, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
thank you so much,we are really pleased you enjoyed your evening with us.
toad and tatie.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I really cant fault this restaurant and I am hard to please. the staff were friendly and helpful, decor and atmosphere was amazing. Even the price is reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber. We paid fifteen pound for Sunday dinner including starter and main and it was worth every penny. Everybody left feeling full and satisfied, in fact the only feeling of disappointment I had was that i did not have room for a pudding.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JandLFuters
Lorraine I, Owner at The Toad and Tatie, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
we try to provide an affordable but quality menu. We are always happy when people let us know they had a good time.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Smash not mash?”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had traveled from south Wales to visit my daughter. I booked Sunday lunch as I had seen positive reviews of the restaurant. We arrived at 2.30. Alarm bell should have rung as there were no other diners in the dining room and only handful of people in the bar. Our first course was deep fried brie and a terrine. The brie was a small portion,the terrine acceptable. We ordered the beef dinner. I asked for my beef to be served medium to rare. However I was told that the meat had been “cooked through”. The food was served plated with a Yorkshire Pudding hiding the beef which was wafer thin fatty slices .The vegetables were Swede .Carrots roast potatoes and mashed potato.

I would like to know if the potato was packet reconstituted potato. Why no seasonal vegetables w ere served ,when and where the beef was cooked and whether the Yorkshire Pudding was “ Auntie Bessies”

RealAnt

5 Thank JLenaghan
I am really a bit stuck for words on this one, what can i say to a man who tries to order BRISKET OF BEEF, which was clearly stated on the menu, MEDIUM RARE ?.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to go. They have a tapas menu in the bar and a la carte menu in the dining room. The menus are great and you get a lot on the plate worth the money. You have to pay extra for side dishes so it does become dear. However I will be going to back for the tapas and definitely a la carte menu as well.

• Visited July 2013
thank you so much for taking time to write a review. were pleased you enjoyed it,look forward to seeing you again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Recomendation from friends”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A delightful friendley atmosphere hidden in the heart of Holmfirth Well presented good food and service. We will definatley return to try another delicious meal from the A la carte menu which is very reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013
we try to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for all. so pleased to read you had a great meal hope to see you again.