“My first time”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went with my friends last night for a meal for my birthday the decor is lovely and modern the toilets are nice and clean, staff helpfull and professional and know there job, and last but not least the food was beautifull. Will be telling all my friend to go and try the menu
And i will be back soon

Alex T, Manager at The Toad and Tatie, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The menu here is excellent. Haggis with neeps and tatties and wkisky sauce- delicious.
Very pleasant service.

Come back to sample more of our menu soon. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Despite living less than a mile away this was our first meal at The Toad & Tatie. We were so so impressed and it won't be long before we return.
Firstly, the staff were absolutely incredible - really warm, welcoming, attentive, so organised and nothing was too much trouble - just exceptional service.
The atmosphere was really relaxed, warm, with a buzz about the place.
The menu was really varied and something for everyone with a great choice of incredible desserts.
The food was amazing, didn't have to wait long and the quality and taste was superb.
We will definitely be back and we would recommend The Toad and Tatie to anyone.

Your comments have been passed on to all the team at the Toad and Tatie. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Don't leave it too long before returning - we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my third visit to this restaurant, and I desperately want to be better than it is. It's a beautiful setting, it has had a lot of money spent on the interior, the attention to detail is excellent and to a trained eye it's obvious that no expense has been spared on the finer details such as the door furniture.
However the food is sadly, slightly lacking in excitement. We went there for Sunday lunch last week, the last serving was at 4 o'clock and we managed to bag ourselves a table. The restaurant fairly empty, with only one of the table dining in our area. There was a couple of people drinking in the bar area. We were a table of four adults and three children. Our waiter was pleasant enough but didn't seem over delighted to be catering for our children who had now decided to eat at their own table. The menu was a good value, however the starters were unsuitable for children, so we opted for them to have Yorkshire pudding to start with, which wasn't a problem, even though it wasn't on the menu.
To start with I had the pork and black pudding terrine which was okay but I am guessing was over a couple of days old, or maybe just extremely dry.
The adults all ordered the roast beef Sunday lunch, the waiter took pride in informing us that the beef came pink, and would this be okay. Three of us replied we were delighted with pink
beef, however my husband, who is a bit embarrassing in these situations (only half joking) said he's sorry to upset the chef but unfortunately he would like his beef well done.
When the beef arrived we were amused to find not a lovely piece of rare pink beef, but wafer thin extremely pale brown beef, the very type that you would find in a Merry England sandwich! I'd be very surprised to find if this be could have been served pink in anyway as it had not been carved from a freshly cooked joint, and I'm pretty sure it came pre cooked and already carved and wrapped in plastic, please forgive me if I'm wrong and explain how a freshly cooked joint could be carved so finally. The presentation and all the trimmings were very much to our liking and we enjoyed the experience as a whole. And to be honest we probably would not have even thought about the beef, if our attention had not been drawn to it in the first place by the waiter to asking us how we wanted it cooking etc.
Just one other thing the handwritten sign in the toilet advising customers to " enjoy the toiletries provided, but please don't take them away" cheapened the fact that so much money had been spent on the toilet themselves, and it lowered the tone and drew to attention to the fact that some of the previous customers were undesirable! Either don't supply them or resign yourself yourself to the fact that some of your less desirable customers will always be light fingered ...its probably the same ones who like their meat well done!

Alex T, Manager at The Toad and Tatie, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy review of your visit to us. We were concerned to hear about the issues you raised and we will endeavor to improve on some of the points you brought up. I would also like to take this opportunity to cover some of your points.

After a busy lunch, we had moved the dining room tables around to accommodate 7 people on one table at 4pm. The children (whom we cater for happily) chose to sit on a separate table without first asking a member of our team - which would have been a more polite approach and would have been no problem.

We attempt to please all-comers on a Sunday, as it is a family day. Our Beef (generally Brisket) is cooked in house every Sunday and an option for it to be cooked rare is not normally an option as this does not suit this cut. The formality of the slicing is due to it being cut on a meat slicer.

To approach your view on the A6 sign in the ladies toilets - this is a lighthearted attempt to suggest refraining from uplifting items left for freshening up. I have largely good feedback on this and it seems to have done the trick.

However all views are subjective and the majority of our previous reviews have reported excellent service and food.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was the first time I visited this restaurant , absolutely brilliant, service excellent, food just fabulous, I really would recommend this restaurant .

Thank you so much for reviewing us! Your comments really mean alot to us.