“Something Different And Fantastic Cafe”
Review of Holmfirth Vineyard

Holmfirth Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Holmfirth
Leeds
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Something Different And Fantastic Cafe”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited the this place as part of a deal I had which included breakfast, bucks fizz and a tour of the vineyard and winery. We had reschedules after the late snow which was a good move as the roads up to the vineyard are steep and precarious. But when you get up the hill the view they have is staggering- across the valley and Holmfirth. Cleverly the restaurant has huge glass windows from where you can admire the vista. You can sit outside, if it's ever warm enough! The breakfast was brilliant- the most perfect eggs benedict I've had in a long time. The staff were very friendly, warm and welcoming. Great coffee and a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. Walls have colourful local artist's work displayed. We then enjoyed a talk from Matt about the vineyard, it's history (it's only in its 3rd year of production), the vines etc. Learnt a lot in 30 minutes. We visited the winery and had a lesson in wine production then some tasting of their whites and rose's. Brilliant trip and something different to do in Yorkshire and well worth the climb up for the cafe in itself.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank emilyleedsLeeds

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I bought a voucher for my mums birthday in January. Unfortunately she lost her mum in the middle of march after nursing her for the weeks beforehand in Ireland. I remembered the voucher and thought it might give her a much needed pick me up, e-mailed the week aft the expiry 31/03/13. I explained the circumstances but they refused point blank to honour the voucher/extend the deadline. They are obviously very cold people, beware anyone ordering vouchers to ensure you use before deadline and book in ASAP.

I am a great believer in what goes around comes around.

4 Thank katem634
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Like most visitors, this was arranged through a "Living Social" voucher given as a birthday present etc.
We had a short tour of the vineyard outside ( although it was March and not much going on). We were given an informative talk over the problems of a vineyard in the North Of England and the vines used. After this we have a tour of the distillery and tasted 3 wines. Unfortunately the harvest last year was poor due to the weather and last years wine was not yet available for purchase although some will now be available.
The Sparkling Afternoon tea was adequate, but i feel that if this aspect was improved they would get more visitors purely on this basis alone. Overall a different experience for those looking for a "one off present" and at a reasonable price.

Leeds, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely afternoon and Gluten free food was fab!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to the vineyard with my friend last weekend and the tour and afternoon tea we booked through Living Social was great. I have recently been diagnosed as a Coeliac and the afternoon tea was AMAZING! The desserts in particular were fantastic. I would definitely recommend it for a lovely day out.

2 Thank AnnieLeeds_UK
Huddersfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have visited here 3 times within the last 16 months or so and attended the tour twice, the second time with friends from Bedford who loved it and went home with a few supplies.
We have told many friends how good the food is, especially the breakfasts which are normally gorgeous, but we visited Wednesday the 27/03/2013 with my partners parents after telling them how good it is.
Chris the manager was run off his feet working on his own, it was very cold inside and took over 45 minutes just to get our drinks, we cold hear the chef in the kitchen shouting "service" over and over but Chris was still trying to get drinks to other tables, when the food came it was not hot but we didn't say anything as he couldn't cope with what he had to do never mind complaints from ourselves.
When leaving we were asked if everything was ok to which my partners father said " why would you serve hot food on a cold plate" reply " it takes to long for the plate warmer to get warm"
Come on, 2 minutes in microwave would have made such a big difference.
I believe this was just a bad day and yes we will come back because our friends are returning in a few months and are looking forward to visiting you again.