“Great food at very reasonable prices”
Review of Nick's Kitchen - CLOSED

Nick's Kitchen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went there for lunch, very nice, a good choice of sandwiches and light lunches. A very unique, quirky place. I recommend it to anyone for lunch.

2  Thank Jeidi24
There are newer reviews for Nick's Kitchen

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Having seen the excellent reviews on Trip Adviser my wife booked a table for us and our close friends.
Nick does not have a drinks licence so we dropped off our wine to be chilled and went to the bar next door for a pre dinner drink.
Nick welcomed us and we were shown to our table upstairs. There were four covers, contemporary decor which was is good order.
The choice was three starters, mains and two deserts. The food was excellent, the service attentive without being intrusive. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and will return very soon without doubt.

1  Thank shnuff
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

had an absolutely gorgeous meal last night .everything cooked to perfection .lovely homemade bread while our starters were prepared.very freindly and efficient waitress . all in all brilliant.dont forget to book in advance you wont be dissapointed

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked a table to take my mum for lunch for a mother’s day treat during the week as I was due to give birth at the weekend. I called to book a table and I asked what was on the menu as the website kept crashing my computer, I asked if there was hot beef sandwiches and was told yes. When we arrived we were told to go upstairs and sit at the first table at the top of the stairs, we found it very cramped, me being 40 weeks pregnant, my sister with a 6 week old baby and my mum. We looked at the menu and couldn’t see any beef sandwiches so when the waitress came up I asked her about the beef sandwiches and was told there was only what was on the menu...Ok so it took a bit longer to decide in the meantime the waitress came up a couple of times and seemed to be getting annoyed. I didn’t feel very comfortable or relaxed, in the end I went with the Mackerel, spicy rice and egg. I must admit it was very tasty but didn’t quite fill the hole, I think it should have been served with some crusty bread. I wanted some pudding so when the waitress came up to collect our plates I asked for the pudding menu but was told they only had ice-cream. Not been a fan of ice-cream we moved on to another cafe in the area for deserts. During the time at Nicks I did not feel overly welcome or relaxed, i felt the deco is very basic and we felt rather squished in, the single toilet was also very cramped. I had been looking forward to going here for so long as it had such good reviews but I can’t say I’ll be going back anytime soon. Yes the food I had I would give five stars but it wasn’t any nicer than the food I have had at some other restaurants recently.

3  Thank Jezz W
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Went for Mother's Day lunch. The food was fantastic, the service brilliant. The mums even got a little box of chocolates when leaving. The menu is great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. I ordered the mushroom and leek pie with roast potatoes. The waitress came to check whether I was vegetarian because the potatoes were cooked in goose fat. I didn't even think to ask, luckily she did. Not many places have a vegetarian option for roast potatoes! I literally have nothing negative to say, that doesn't happen very often/ever! We will definitely be back. :)