“Best lasagne ever!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Traditional British country pub just outside of Holmfirth serving a modern British menu from local suppliers. Carvery and bar menus served in a traditional country setting. A la'carte private dining available in the restaurant.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Visited the fox house again was as delicious as always!! The lasagne is the best I've ever had!! Have to save room for pudding though for the delicious homemade toffee sauce!!!!! Mmmmm (slavering)!! Staff very friendly can't do enough for u! The only problem is finding a parking space as the car parks always so full!!! Will be back soon!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Fox House is our local eatery and once again (we called last night) the food was served quickly and efficiently, was delicious and piping hot.
We are always given a warm welcome by Tracy or Damien and the staff and would have no hesitation in recommending the Fox House.

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I love going to the Fox house the food is always hot and the portions are huge. If your looking for a snack only have a starter! I have 3 courses and they had to pack my dessert to take home it was the best steak pie ever gravy was thick and rich and the brie starter was excellent with a lovely tomato salsa.

Would recommend it highly! It wont break the bank but again it wouldn't wow you!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Both sides of my family visit the Fox house every week. They enjoy it so much that both my Mum's side and my Dad's side chose to go here for Christmas Day for the 2nd year running. As per usual the food was gorgeous. We chose to eat in the second sitting and even though the staff had already served one load of people, they were still welcoming and as helpful for our sitting. As per usual, the amount of food on our plates were crazy - but you can't complain that you're not getting enough for your money! The courses were perfectly timed and the staff were superb! My only negative comment is the quality of the steak. I had it last year as i wanted something different to turkey, but unfortunately the steak was tough. My granddad had it this year and i was sorry to hear that it was still no better. But there was that much veg and turkey to go around that we didn't really mind! We even had a little entertainment as some woman was complaining to the young lad serving about not getting any brussel sprouts! For Christ sake just ask for them! There's always one trying to get something! She could of had ours seen as we had a pan full left! Overall we had a wonderful experience and no doubt we will be back again next Christmas and every Sunday leading up to it!

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Me, my partner, family and friends eat here often - both for carvery and meals from the bar menu. The food is all home cooked and is good value for money. There's always plenty on your plate and the staff are always helpful and welcoming. A woman complained earlier on that she wasn't told mash would be coming out but if she wanted it then why not ask? I've been when they haven't been serving mash and since I love it, I asked for it and they made some for me immediately. The place is also very clean. I would highly recommend to anyone but one word of warning; if you're going for a carvery on a Sunday, get there early as it gets chocca!