“Good food good service”

Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Traditional British country pub just outside of Holmfirth serving a modern British menu from local suppliers. Carvery and bar menus served in a traditional country setting. A la'carte private dining available in the restaurant. NOTE: OPENING HOURS ARE: CLOSED MONDAY (EXCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS) TUESDAYS TO FRIDAY 11.00AM - 2.00PM 6.00PM - 9.30PM SATURDAY 11.00AM - OPEN ALL DAY 10.00PM SUNDAY 12NOON - OPEN ALL DAY - 9.00PM
“Good food good service”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

One of our regular eating places.. Food is always excellent and massive portions!!!! The staff are always polite and helpful and the management always make sure you have everything you need. Highly recommend the carvery and steak and kidney pot pie and when it comes to desserts the banana split can only be classed as AWESOME!!!! The best I've ever had by miles...thanks Foxhouse and see you again soon

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We visit a often as we can the place is great and the food is gorgeous always leave with a full tummy, try the ocean pie it's amazing

“Excellent - again and again”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Love this place, the food is so nice and always the same no matter how many people are in the place. Desserts,.... Half pint strawberries and cream ...loved it and the presentation was top class.
This restaurant is my favourite by far, staff always have a smile and time for you. Everytime I visit this place is a must on my list. Stunning views love it.

Thank you all , can't wait to return again ( slowly working my way through the menu )

• Visited June 2012
Yorkshire
“Thank you Foxhouse team - shame about the rude customer”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and myself visit the Fox house most Friday evenings for our evening meal and catch -up time. Once again we were served by Tracy, Damien and the team flawlessly. The Foxhouse is a charming example of good olde British fayre with a few of the chef's specials thrown in to tempt the palate. I manage several catering and hospitality venues and believe that the standards of customer service and standard of food is key to a successful business,therefore I am very choosy on where I eat.
Both my husband and myself tried the chef's specials this evening a choice of pork medallions in mushroom and honey sauce, whilst my husband had the rump steak with stilton and grapes, absolutely delicious!
Always a pleasure to be served by the team here who take the time to check if we are okay and always seem happy in their work.
To conclude we would like to say a BIG THANKYOU for the excellent service and wonderful food that is always available at the Foxhouse ... definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Damm good service”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

What can i say yet again the service and speed of this restaurant is out standing, any one who as not viisted this restaurant needs to get there butt up and go and visit it, Not only is the food fantastic but the Manager and the Assistant are both Profesional, witty, and entertaining. any complaints you have don't go home moaning about it speak to the management who will only be to pleased to help with your comments (not that you will have any) as you will need to go further a field to find abetter carvery than the one they serve here well done to all the team,

• Visited June 2012