“The best in Holmfirth”
Review of Bengal Spice

Bengal Spice
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Its been the most popular Indian in holmfirth for years, the staff are really lovely, polite and helpful. It doesnt matter if you want a sit down meal or a takeaway the food quality is always superb. Sundays and Thursday's special offer menu too.

1  Thank Margaret M
There are newer reviews for Bengal Spice

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The decor is a bit dated but the food is good and the takeaway service is prompt and servings are good. The Thursday deals are a real bargain.

1  Thank Lynndia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As an experienced TA reviewer I hope you can use this to make your mind up as quite frankly some reviews seem a little biased.

Okay I will start with the parking! There is not unless you want to park on a main road on double yellow lines! This is important if you are only going for food and others seem to gloss over this fact!

The Decor is dated dark and old looks dirty to be honest! It needs a deep clean and a new carpet! It needs a revamp as its only getting worse with time passing.

The food is average take away food, if I bought it on my way home from a night out it would be fine but as I am paying for restaurant quality food that's what I expect! Sadly this is not what you will get. The curries are average at best and the sauces can be a little tasteless.

3  Thank Timothy_1983
ynwa9, Owner at Bengal Spice, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Tim
Welll where do i start...obviously your jealous with all the positive reviews we've been getting lately from our excellent and "experienced" TA reviewers. our restaurant might be dated but it's not a dirty old place as your claiming it to be.. we don't need someone like yourself telling us it needs a deep clean which we do once a week regardless...if we were serving less than average food we wouldn't have lasted a year never mind the 12!!! Which we have been trading..and still going strong...as for being "biased"...I've seen some of other reviews you've done and frankly you have slated and criticized every other Indian restaurant in holme valley bar one...which is situated yards from our place...and you have given them not one but three excellent reviews..obviously you have a favourite Indian and you are doing your utmost best to help your "friends" down the road to beat us on ratings.. i suggest you stick with them and keep your nose out of others

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great service, very friendly, wifi and great food. woudl recommend it, very clean and well presented in easy to park nearby

1  Thank Tony809
Reviewed January 17, 2013

There were 4 of us dining here on New Years Day 2013. We were greeted on arrival and shown to our table, drinks were ordered and brought quickly. The menu is extensive and varied, I ordered the "Muni Puri Spice" which is rated at 6 heat stars and is the hottest curry they do. It was extremely tasty and, as promise, a real blazer in terms of heat. I also had Coriander rice which complimented the curry well and I had no complaints with the Keema Naan.

The staff were fantastic - very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. It was my friends' birthday and they treated us incredibly well.

Pricing was far from expensive, we were pleasantly surprised at the value for money.

Unfortunately we were only visiting otherwise this would be on the list for regular visit. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank horrgakx