“A lovely stay as usual”
Review of The Huntsman Inn

The Huntsman Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Holmfirth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times and it always delivers. The Inn has a great atmosphere with good food and a great selection of beers. The rooms are clean and well appointed and the location great for the views and for walkers.
I stay in many hotels throughout the year and this one has character and probably the best breakfast I have had anywhere, it is a welcome change from the chains and the corporate expensive bland offerings they give.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Huntsman Inn

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked the snooze and booze package which was £85 - you got an over night stay, £40 off your food bill per couple, bottle of wine & breakfast in the morning! Which was fantastic value for
Money!
We went for a friends 30th, we went to check in at about 4.15 however the reception is unmanned so we had to wait about 10 minutes for the bar man to come and check us in (this was the only bad point to our stay)
We had a drink in the bar staff very friendly, full of locals!
We had a meal in the evening food was fantastic, hotel clean and staff really helpful and friendly! Couldn't do enough!
Overall stay was very good

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2013

First time staying on the booze and snooze deal found the place to be exceptionally clean the staff were marvellous - nothing was too much trouble. Now the food - absolutely brilliant from the 3 course evening meal to the mighty breakfast. All in all a superb experience and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Highly recomended by friends. I wanted to take my husband on a mini break for his birthday.
I
First of all let me thank the people who recomended the Huntsman to me.

The drive up to the huntsman was fabulous, we came through staleybridge and over woodhead pass, breathtaking views.
We arrived at the huntsman and it was more than i had expected. Stone built hotel set in a fabulous setting.

In reception staff were welcoming and we were asked what time we would like to dine.- very efficient.
I had booked the honeymoon suite room 6 , my husband was delighted, it was fabulous the view, the feature window, four poster bed and jacuzzi bath.
Attention to detail- chocolates and handemade soap gift.
My husband thought i had spent a small fortune.

We dined in the stables restaurant and the service from the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out was excellent.
I complimented the waitress renia to the restaurant manager.
The food was delicious, they had just launched a new menu and we couldnt decide what to have as it all sounded delicious.
I had the a starter of bubble and squeak potato cake topped with poached egg and the most exquisite cheese sauce.I followed with pulled lamb again absolutely delicious.
My husband had black pudding salad and then duck sizzler and the only complaint was there was too much and it was too good to leave any.
The breakfast the next day was equally as good and again excellent service.
All in all in mine and my husbands opinion we will be coming again very soon
To the manager this hotel and your staff are a credit to you
Thankyou .

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 4, 2013

we booked a table for 4 poeple on new years day.we wanted a table in the bar,they said it may not bepossible,but they said there would reserve us a table.on new years day we now had a extra two boddies.we phoned and they said this would not be a problem.we arrived at 4.00 the place was verybusy,but they had reserved us a table in the bar area.the service was very good,food took a little time but it was good.we will be returning at later date.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Did evening meal ,bed and breakfast with entertainment on New Year's Eve. Had a lovely evening. The restaurant food was limited menu but still of a very good standard.the New Years Eve entertainment was very enjoyable. To round it all off a hearty breakfast next morning. The only thing I can comment on as a female is the fact that there is no plug socket near the mirror for the use of a hair dryer etc. So I could not wash and dry my hair. Apart from thae well done and thanks to all the very pleasant and polite staff

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank susanpannett
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another stay last night on the booze and snooze deal. Although there has been some changes to the deal (in that you pay extra for food that totals over £40)we found our usual meal was just about that price, so no complaints.
The rooms are clean, tidy and have tea/coffee and a very good tv. The baths are lovely and hot (very hot ), the views are brilliant even when it's throwing it down which it seems to do a lot while we are there!
A previous reviewer mentions the bowling green and shooting club. Can't comment on either, didn't fancy playing bowls in December anyway!!!
Drinks are expensive in the bar. £3.95 for pint of San Miguel, so we just have a few.
The food is excellent, only complaint is that you get too much.
The bottle of wine included is also very nice.
The staff are friendly and will always help you out. (Clint, who served us breakfast, does need a new joke book though!)
Hope the changes in January don't alter the place too much.
So all in all would recommend the Huntsman to anyone wanting a nice relaxing night away in decent part of Yorkshire.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Old Bridge Inn
#5 of 12 in Holmfirth
Coddy's Farm
Coddy's Farm
#1 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to The Huntsman Inn? Share your experiences!