“Not bad”

Ranked #13 of 85 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my friend who lives in the village.
Pushy manager/owner to which I never appreciate!
Felt rushed and hurried !
Food fairly nice.
Wouldn't rush back.

So so....

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Having lived in Holmfirth my whole life I have been to piccolinos on many occasions and this year I have visited twice this year and both visits have been disappointing.
My most recent visit was last week and from start to end I found the whole experience poor.
arrived at the time we had booked a table and were waiting 20 minutes before being seated even though the restaurant wasn't very busy.
we then ordered and the starters came, I had the deep fried brie, by far the best part of my meal. it was nice however it was too big to be a starter.
Then for my main, I ordered a margarita pizza with duck strips. the waitress arrived and said 'margarita with duck' and put it in my place. me and all my friends looked and my food and the 'duck' was white and smelt exactly like chicken
They had clearly served me the wrong food as they waitress told me my order whilst serving me the wrong food. I then sent the pizza back and the waiter said 'the chef has had to go to the back to get the duck' and by the time the pizza had arrived, all my friends had finished their meal and I didn't really want to eat it after that comment anyway so I got it boxed up and we paid a left.
no discounted or anything was offered for my inconvenience. my other friends that had actually ordered the chicken said it was dry and smoked.
non of us were over thrilled with our meal and all have said we will not be returning.
I would defiantly recommend and it was also over priced.

1  Thank TJHoltom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great family dining experience with a wide choice on the menu to suit all tastes.
Very friendly staff and the owner, Lim, couldn't do enough to make sure we had the best meal possible.
All the dishes were beautifully presented and so tasty.
We would highly recommended the warm duck salad for starters. For mains we had the fillet steak and the Spaghetti alla Limanara which were delicious. The lemon tart and sticky toffee pudding are a must for dessert!
The children loved their meals and have asked if they can go back every weekend!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Not bad but you can eat better for the same or less at other nearby restaurants/gastro pubs. Been several time with kids (they do mainly pizza/Pastas) and the quality of ingredients and variety of seasonal fair is OK - But just ok. Could do better

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have been to Poppa Piccolinos probably 5 or 6 times in so many years and it was always fine. 2 weeks ago we visited and were extremely impressed by the excellent service and great food we received. Lim the owner is working front of house and his attention to detail across the restaurant personally and directing the staff has had huge impact. The food presentation and quality is extremely high. We went back last weekend and it was even better. This restaurant which was fine in our books has moved to outstanding for us. Lim’s personal impact across all aspects has made this a great first class experience!