“An excellent local curry at last”
Review of Raaj of India

Raaj of India
Ranked #45 of 79 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Upperthong
“An excellent local curry at last”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A great take away experience with a selection of traditional and unusual dishes. This is one of the best curry houses in the Holme Valley with well presented dishes offering full on curry flavours with excellent accompaniments.

Visited April 2014

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Disgusting Service do not order take always”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Ordered a takeaway via Just Eat, waited for over an hour and unable to contact restaurant due to their telephone being constantly engaged. Finally contacted restaurant and informed them that our meal had not arrived. I was then told that I was a liar and that the delivery driver had gained no reply to repeated knocking. The door of our premises leads directly to the Kitchen and living room, we have two dogs both of whom will bark at any person entering the grounds of the property. Checked security and no indication that any one had approached our property. The staff member then stated the driver had telephoned our home 3 times, we have telephone connections throughout the property dialled 1471 and the last call to our property was made the previous day by Sky TV. I tried to ask the staff member to ask the driver to describe our home but before I could go further the representative of the restaurant hung up on ourselves. My wife made further attempts to arrange delivery but the restaurant refused to listen. We have spent a further hour on the telephone with just eats and the bank to cancel the payment, Of the opinion that the restaurant was over stretching itself and was unable to comply with its contractual agreement with Just Eat

Please be aware of the disgusting service re take away service

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Mark747
“Customer focused, delicious food, great value. ”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

After yet another delicious meal at this restaurant with some high spirited friends, I thought it was time to share this well kept secret.
My family and I regularly go to or get takeaway from,the Raj. The dishes are the tastiest in holmfirth by a long way and the value is incredible. This restaurant offers a genuine choice of delicious dishes ( not the usual 4 pieces of chicken or lamb in either red or yellow sauce) and specialities which change regularly. Value? 9.95 for a four course early bird special, which leaves just about enough room for the complimentary mint!
Service? I once turned up without my wallet. It wasn't a problem for them ( very embarrassing for me),I just called them later with my details. I really can't praise this well run, fantastic choice restaurant highly enough. It's a real hidden gem establishment that quietly provides great food and service. Seek it out and try the special if you love curry.

Ipswich
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visited my sister in nearby Chapeltown, and we had tickets for a gig at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth. We had no plans for dinner and happened on this restaurant quite by chance. They were very welcoming, the service was excellent, the food superb and not run of the mill. I had a dish I'd never had before - can't remember what it was called, but it was HOT, yet not overpowering.

• Visited March 2014
Holmfirth, England
“Superb”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I can't rate this restaurant highly enough. Free pops and picks on arrival, incredibly reasonably priced Bangla lager and a wide range of freshly cooked food. I'd recommend the mixed kebab, fish pakora and chicken tikka achari. Staff are friendly and professional and the atmosphere is the best in Holmfirth.