“Fantastic family run pub”
Review of The Swan Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fittleworth
The Swan Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fittleworth
UK
“Fantastic family run pub”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to the Swan Inn for the bank holiday weekend to get out of London with some friends. As soon as we stepped in through the front door, the helpful and friendly staff catered to all our needs. We headed straight out the amazing beer garden, where we sat for the rest of the day. It's hard to believe such a peaceful and idyllic place is just an hour outside London.

The pub itself is steeped in history and boasts famous names such as Edward Elgar and Hubert Parry as previous guests.

The food was outstanding and very reasonably priced - the Sunday roast was nicest I've had in a long time. The accommodation was extremely clean and had the added bonus of wifi.

Fittleworth itself is a great base for exploring the local area - olde world English villages such as Arundel, Chiddingfold and Petworth are a short drive away.

We'll definitely be visiting the Swan Inn again. ,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this pub last minute with the friendly, helpful owner over the phone, and when we arrived a little over an hour later, were really pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome from all the staff in the lovely bar. Once we had been shown to the cosy, really lovely, converted barn room, we enjoyed a fabulous roast lunch in the garden. The peaceful location, with a lovely river walk from the doorstep, made this stay even more enjoyable. Excellent value for money and would not hesitate to recommend this pub.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the converted barn rooms, which have their own separate entrance from the passag...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Called in late in the afternoon without a booking and everyone was so welcoming and helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us (in every sense of the word).

The rooms are well set up and furnished, with great inclusions, comfortable furniture and were very clean and tidy. The rooms looked great - a combination of old world charm and new world comfort.

Had dinner after checking in. Wow! Who would have thought there was this sort of food available in the middle of ... well, nowhere? Gourmet food, beautifully presented and tasting divine. And the staff are amazing.

Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Swan Inn is the perfect place for almost any occasion. Friendly inviting staff and a beautiful bar and restaurant make it a lovely place to spend time. The food is really excellent with a good choice of menu and they have an extensive stock of local ales for you to choose from. The bedrooms are a good size, clean and well appointed. The Inn benefits from a beautiful hidden garden, perfect for lounging out in the sun, catching up with friends or simply enjoying a quiet drink. All in all, a lovely place.

Room Tip: The outer cottage is charming
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank GrevHut
Dorking
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Reopened after a refurbishment and a change in ownership this is a great find. The quality and value of the food is excellent. We took a table in the lovely beer garden after the sun finally came out. We tried most things on the menu and were really impressed, the food looks and tastes great. There's a good chef at work. Minor, and I mean comments is that they could do with more chips with the lovely lamb burger and the same for the ketchup. Overall though wonderful. And well done!

• Stayed April 2013
Godalming
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just come back from an overnight stay at the Swan Inn in Fittleworth last night. Great accomodation, charming service and great food (evening meal and breakfast). We stayed in the outer cottage (4 rooms) as the bedrooms inside the Inn are soon to be redecorated. The room we stayed in was lovely - clean and tidy with a great shower and charming decor. A lovely surprise.

We would thoroughly recommend trying out the Swan Inn with the new owners (it has been re-open for three weeks now) as we loved it and will definately return. There are also great country walks right opposite the Swan through woods and fields. Brilliant value for money compared to other hotels/B&B's close by.

Room Tip: We were in the outer cottage - lovely and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NigelRosMansfield
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My main issue with this place is the customer service. I stayed here the night before and after my wedding. We had the whole place booked out for family and friends. Checking in was slow and the breakfast in the morning of my wedding was delayed which was very inconvenient. One of my bridesmaids asked for toast with breakfast which didn't come until they were reminded twice by which time we had run out of time. The main problem though was the morning we checked out. I had left my phone in the room and when I went back to ask I was told that the rooms had been cleaned and nothing was found. I didn't have any reason to doubt what I was told so I searched high and low at the wedding venue and my car but no luck. I asked again and requested that I go into the room to have a look under the bed in case it had fallen down and hadn't been spotted by the staff. I was told again that it wasn't there and was completely dismissed by one member of staff who was too 'busy' to help. I was finally helped by another young girl who took me to the room which had not been cleaned at all and there was my phone, right there on the bed. So thanks to the unhelpful staff I had wasted my morning searching for my phone rather than spending it with my friends and family. No apology was ever received. I also think this place is overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank N0where_Girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fittleworth
Chequers Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 7 in Arundel
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Park House Hotel & Spa

Been to The Swan Inn? Share your experiences!