“Lovely family meal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Manor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Godalming
The Manor Inn
Ranked #17 of 18 Godalming B&B and Inns
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Lovely family meal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Have visited this Beefeater restaurant several times and have always found the service to be great - staff are always smiling and friendly, especially Luke C who has served us now on several occasions.

Today, we ate off of the daytime value menu - reduced prices on certain meals, and a starter/pudding added for £1.99 - and the food was excellent. Well cooked and well presented.

At other times we have eaten off the main menus and the Sunday Lunch menu and have always been happy with our meals.

It is a lovely pub in a pretty setting by the canal, a real credit to the Beefeater chain. We will be back for the Christmas Menu!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went to this inn for a late Sunday lunch, was warned that beef and pork was running low. Got a nice table away from other people got menus asked what Sunday roasts were left few pork, lamb no beef. So I and the wife ordered the prawn cocktail and lamb. Got the starter which was really nice, thought something's going to be bad as I normally moan about restaurants, but the lamb turned up and it was great! Good portions and crispy roast potatoes, well thought we'd try the desert and see if they can get something wrong, guess what it was great too, and I love to moan but can't this time. The service from Anna and one other was near perfect. I will have to give this place another chance to get it all wrong as a few seem to have above have found!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DiMc62
Guildford, Surrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Came here today for a birthday celebration - it was a total disaster - arrived approx. 1.00 clock went to order - poor guy on till didn't know what he was doing - he was obviously just thrown in at the deep end - took ages to order our food - but eventually ordered but informed there would be a 45 mins wait, we said ok - so waited and waited still no food at 2.15, I went back in to ask where it was - told very busy would be 10mins - 10 mins past - no food I went back in to be told it was coming through, it arrived eventually - well it was disgusting - I ordered macaroni cheese, well it was a blob of sticky mess - it looked like a packet of instant pasta had been used - that was enough - I went in and complained and was told they were short staffed today - not my problem !!!!! But I was then offered my money back -which I took but that wasn't what it was about - so wanted a family lunch. Assistant Manageress offered me a free bottle of wine on my return - you must be joking - I will never return !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Squirrel1968

Travelers are raving about these Godalming hotels

Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Staff are very amicable and professional but the food was a disaster.
8oz steak with inedible chips and rabbit food salad for £14.99 left us wanting the door and our money back.
The place looks dirty and unkept, the tables stcky, and the food uninviting, but inspite of this, was busy. I guess we like to eat food in a restaurant without getting mullered first, but by then its just forgotten.

Room Tip: Never stayed at the Premier Inn.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simon W
Lymm, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We tried this Beefeater whilst at my In-Laws. It really is poor restaurant and doesn't live up to the Beefeater quality. I asked for extra dressing on my salad and when it came out it had been coated in BBQ sauce!! When I question the waitress as its supposed to come in balsamic dressing, she took it away for a fresh one, my meal arrived after my family had finished their and no apology. The fillet steaks were cooked well done, even though we had requested rare - medium. Its a really bad place and usually, I will give a restaurant a second chance, not this one. Avoid it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank LymmLife
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

We attended a after lunch wedding on Friday 28th October. There was 25 in our party. The staff at the Manor were very helpful and accommodating, the food was of a very good standard. The three hours passed with such speed, it really did help having the play area out the back so the children were kept intertained throughout our meal. Speacial thanks to Anna our waitress for her attention to our needs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracy A
Northamptonshire , England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

The rooms are either like saunas or freezing and if you are unlucky enough to get one at road side then these are very noisy . The single rooms are very small but the doubles are ok , All the furnishings look like they come from a travelinn so dont expect any frills just functionality. Cleanliness is Ok in the bedrooms but the bathrooms look tired and and need updating , Staff are Ok but if you are arriving late and leaving early this doesnt matter. For what you pay in this area its not bad value and as long you are not looking for luxury you will probably be satisfied.

3 Thank 1966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Premier Inn Godalming Hotel
Asperion
Asperion
#1 of 11 in Guildford
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel

Been to The Manor Inn? Share your experiences!