“Relaxed atmosphere, perfect for a coffee with friends”
Review of Cafe Mila

Cafe Mila
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Godalming
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Mila is located in Godalming just off the High Street, and serves fresh, home-made meals, cakes, sandwiches & snacks, quality coffees & teas and wines in a comfortable, inviting space with outside seating, free wi-fi and quiet upstairs area.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Best toasted tea-cake I've ever had! Perfect place for a coffee with friends. The staff are friendly and the food all looks fresh and appetising.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We've lived in Godalming for two and a half years and it took me ages to get around to trying out Café Mila in Angel Court. I'm dreadfully sorry that I waited so long and after my lunch there today, I realise that I've omitted writing any kind of a review. Shame on me! So often it's negatives about an eating establishment that inspire reviews and when everything is right, it gets forgotten. So, here is my review of Café Mila.

First of all, the ambience is wonderful. The café is vibrant and lively without being chaotic and has a real "neighbourhood" feel to it. The owners are very much involved in the community and evidence of that involvement is visible everywhere. The work of local artists have adorned the walls and the display is always changing. It's very family friendly but as an older person with no children in tow, I feel just as welcome and at home. It is comfortable and warm with seating both downstairs and up. There is an attached yoga studio upstairs which is used both as a yoga studio and a venue for art exhibits, social evenings and other events. The staff, in my experience, is friendly and competent. Now! On to the important thing..the food. After many visits since discovering Café Mila, I've yet to have a bad meal. I keep waiting for it in the way one waits for all those unpleasant but inevitable things and it has yet to appear. I am vegetarian so I can only speak for their vegetarian offerings but they have many including an array of delicious salads, the best quiches I have ever had anywhere, lovely breads, desserts and beverages. They have a very delicious array of fresh juices. My favourite is the mega-detox. They also do a nice array of coffees, teas and chocolates. I know that they do themed ethnic food evenings to be booked in advance but so far I've not been able to get to one. I look forward to doing so. On the whole, I really enjoy going there. It has a very genuinely friendly feel. I've been there alone and with friends at various times and the common feeling is that Godalming desperately needed something like this. The owners change the menu constantly, they source everything possible locally and are not afraid to try new things. If you have not yet visited Café Mila, I suggest you give it a try.

2  Thank Beth w
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just called in for lunch today. We were able to get a seat in the courtyard, in the lovely autumn sunshine. In spite of being really busy the service was superb, and we had some wonderful food.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Rude staff enforcing bizarre no children upstairs rule despite informing us that there was plenty of space and there only being 2 kids on all the full tables downstairs. Very disappointed by this supposedly family friendly cafe.

4  Thank gringo1177
steve s, Owner at Cafe Mila, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Cafe Mila. We try to provide a child friendly space in the cafe as well as an area upstairs where customers without children can relax. Most of our customers understand and appreciate our child friendliness and the friendliness of staff, as you can see by looking at our other reviews.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Lovely community minded cafe and more. They have a yoga studio upstairs, hold regular interesting events but for me it's about the great food and friendly atmosphere.