“Excellent all round!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Godalming
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose the hotel randomly from the web. The outside of the hotel suggested that it might be an old building which had seen better days. Quite wrong! Inside it is spotless, furnished in a contemporary style, warm and comfortable. The bathroom in our room (number 1) was large and well equipped, including a hot towel rail. The breakfast was a quality full English. Parking was fine for the number of guests. Given what you can pay for far less in that part of England, I rate it as excellent value for money. (For good "pub grub", try the Leathern Bottle just down the road.) Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter C
GuildfordMonty, Owner at Godalming Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks you for your kind review.
We put a lot of work modernising the interior a few years ago so that everything is modern inside although it was important for us to keep original features from the Victorian part of the building.
We have started to update the outside after a very hard winter and already it is looking better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This Hotel although small is excellent, the staff are friendly, the rooms are very clean and well presented. I only stayed the night as I used it as a stop of before going to Heathrow to catch a flight. I would certainly stay there again if and when I was in Godalming.
As a six foot something guys I could have done with a larger bed, but that is only a minor problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thewiseoldwizard
Thank you for your review and I am glad you were happy with your stay.
We try to offer the best value for money in the area and to provide excellent accommodation.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very good value, lovely breakfast and very friendly service. The rooms was a decent size with nice furnishings had more of a B&B feel which is nice- more home like. I even left an item behind and they kindly posted it back with no cost to me and very efficiently, I was most grateful!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emma R
GuildfordMonty, Owner at Godalming Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review and I am glad you are reunited with your furry friend
Carlisle
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Its not often that you can say you really enjoyed your stay at a new hotel but from the minute I entered I was warmly greeted and felt at home. Check in was quick and easy. The hotel is Spotlessly clean and well laid out. My room was modern, warm and comfortable, the shower was hot and powerfull. Breakfast was well cooked and delicious, breakfast room was spotless. Staff were brilliant and extremely courteous. Will definately stay again when i am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank handyandyspark
Thank you for your kind review.
We try to be a friendly hotel and are only too happy to help and I am glad we contributed to an enjoyable stay in Godalming
Crediton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

For £60 with breakfast, this was very good value for money. The bedroom and en-suite were very clean and bright. The people working there were very courteous. The breakfast was good. No complaints whatsoever and would stay again.

Room Tip: I'm sure therooms at the back benefit from being quieter.....no road noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff E
Thank you for your review.
We aim to offer the best value for money accommodation with high standards in the area.
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ended up arriving quite late due to a delay at heathrow airport, so they allowed me to check in at 11.15 without fuss despite saying last checkin is 10.30 on the website.
The room was clean, comfy and modern.
Breakfast in the morning was spot on.
I couldnt find anywhere cheaper and there is no need! Godalming Hotel provided everything for a lovely B&B feel with the privacy of a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AGOSims
Thank you for your review which is much appreciated.
We try to give very good value in a friendly environment.
Late arrivals can always be accommodated.
Tintagel, Cornwalll, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We booked this place last september,when we arrived we had the shock of our lives,they insisted on taking the full payment before we saw our room,which was 3 nights at £70.00,which we foolishly paid,we were then taken to "the room" which looked more like a prison cell,we asked for a refund of 2 nights,we were willing to pay the 1st night,but were refused any refund,we were both unwell,my sister with a brain tumour and had just lost her sight and had a 6 hour drive to get there to visit a terminaly ill friend,withthis in mind we were not in a position to fight....
I shudder when i think of this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank NeilParsons
Mr P - I remember you booked a room through an booking agency and had a change of plans and tried to cancel your booking. That is between you and the booking agency and is determined by the conditions you accepted when booking with them.

Your comments are totally unrepresentative and unfair since your real problem was your booking. We try hard to give very good value for money and most reviewers agree that we succeed at this.

I have total sympathy for any family tragedies which we are all susceptible to.

I also wonder why it took you 6 months to send in a review

Travelers are raving about these Godalming hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Kings Arms and Royal Hotel
#11 of 11 in Guildford
Guildford Harbour Hotel
Guildford Harbour Hotel
#6 of 11 in Guildford

Been to Godalming Hotel? Share your experiences!