“Slow service and greasy food.”

The Pheasant Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Wookey
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Sadly this is the second meal that really was sub standard. Lovely staff but food very fatty and service very slow. It was meant to be a quick dinner but it was 2 1/2 hours altogether. The first visit the food was excellent but the last 2 visits really not good. We will not be returning and we will not be recommending this pub. Re atmosphere , lighting is very harsh and too bright.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Myself and my husband tried this restaurant as we used to go to the other restaurant the owners used to run, which was excellent, and we can honestly say the standards were just as good.
I had the started of Mushroom filled with pate, followed by the Mediterranean Burger which was very tasty and well presented. My husband had the rump steak with the biggest onion rings iv ever seen! and was equally very good!
We could not fault the food at all and the menu was varied. We could not manage a pud as we were just too full!
The staff are a credit to this restaurant as they were friendly and helpful.
We will be definitely going back and would highly recommend going there!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We visited the pub on a Sunday late afternoon. The barmaid was very friendly and the snug was warm and welcoming. Our meal was great with very generous portions. Thank you

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had the finest steak that I'd had for a long time. Medium rare, cooked perfectly. Generous portions and I struggled to eat all of the chips! I left a few, so that I might have a dessert. The creme brulee for dessert was ok.
There is adequate parking and there seemd to be a good taxi service going on for other guests.
Prices are typical for this area of Somerset (a little high compared to most city centre restaurants, although this restaurant is out in the "sticks".
I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

ate here recently for the second time. 1st was just after the new owners had taken over (had one of the best sirloins in my life). well this time the menu had been tweeked a little and had a lovely selection, good specials and as ever the real ales are lovely. ask the barmaid for a pint of the dogs bollox, she wont say it lol. the food was delicious, service friendly and attentive and value great. my wonderful wife and i had a chat with the owners after (wendy and steve?) and they are happy to accept any hints or tips you may have. mine is that i just dont like food on slate/boards. so just ask before you order an im sure they will be only too happy to help. hope the green dogs ok lol. cu soon an thanks for a lovely evening.