“Very Good Sunday Lunch Venue”

The Pheasant Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Wookey
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Sunday Lunch Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

First visit to this Inn, pleasant atmosphere and a warm welcome, we spend hours looking for simple home cooked Sunday Roast Dinners, it was a pleasure to find this Inn delivering just that and more. Highly recommended we will be back.

Looking forward to sampling of delights on th menu.

• Visited April 2013

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Dined here with one of my girlfriends for a catch up meal.
I am local and was looking for a place within walking distance and found that The Pheasant had reopened so we figured we would give it a go.
We are more than glad we did, new management have somewonderfully friendly and helpfull staff a credit to them!
The food was gorgeous, I had a smoked duck starter and my friend vegetable spring rolls, both were perfectly seasoned and had a wonderful array of flavours. To follow I had pork belly and my friend a mushroom stroganoff, again perfectly seasoned, wonderfully warm and definitely enough to fill your belly. It was delicious, a very nice warm welcoming atmosphere and a great vibe.
Well done to the new team!
Will definietly be back in on a regular basis keep it up!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KAEmery
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice little place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

There are 3 pubs in Wookey and this one is probably the one that tries hardest with the choice of food. This is no longer an Italian eatery and the menu offered a wide range of dishes. I always find that worrying... Quite a few vegetarian dishes, some chinese style ones, cajun... Pricing is average for a pub. They probably need to find what they really want to do and stick with it. Anyway, onwards to the review. Went there on a Sunday night so did not expect the place to be busy. The restaurant side of the pub was indeed empty and our table was the only one which was occupied for the duration of our meal. There was a nice log fire burning, fresh flowers on each table and a general sense of you being welcome which was lovely. The bar side of the pub had quite a small gathering which became larger as the evening went on. People of all ages and some young ones as well which was lovely to see. The landlady was very friendly and quite attentive. Our food was hot when it came, I can't say it was delicious as it was burning hot and I burned my tongue on the duck rolls I ordered. Husband seem to enjoy is goat's cheese salad. The side salad with the duck rolls was a nice surprise - not just your old shredded iceberg lettuce but a nice selection of lamb's lettuce, frisee and red lettuce. My main course was beef in black bean sauce (thought I would continue with the "chinese" theme) served on a sizzling dish. Once again, food was burning hot. The beef was a little tough but it all tasted very nice. It was served with chips and I think the option of rice would have been welcome. Once again, a lovely side salad with good dressing came with the dish. No room for pudding but will try to eat there again. I only marked it as average as I think it can do better currently.

1 Thank rotterdam0892
Bath
“Good pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to the Pheasant when it was in Indian, and have to say, it was only ok. When we heard it had gone back to a pub, we decided to try again.

We were the only people having food on a Sunday evening, although there was a good lively, young, crowd, in the bar. This was a bit worrying, but the food was excellent. My warm goats cheese salad starter was perfect - creamy cheese, and excellent dressing on a fresh salad. My Cajun Chicken main was full of flavour and suculent. The others around the table all reported very good, flavourful, food.

A bottle of Australian Shiraz shared between us was a great complement to the food, and was not a stupid price, unlike some places.

Definitely a place we will try again.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) was the overloud local radio in the restuarant area - but if it has really annoyed me, I would have asked the nice bar-lady to turn it down.

2 Thank AndyGBath
Wells
“Brilliant in every aspect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went here for a family birthday meal that will never be forgotten. Pub area was brilliant, perfect village pub feel. When we went through to the restaurant it was lovely and modern with a brilliant local touch, Staff were all brilliant, friendly and willing to help in anyway possible.
The food was amazing, superb selection, excellent portions and all full of flavor for a very good price.

Will most deferentially be revisiting on a regular basis.

1 Thank gvincent2009