I came here for a meal with friends so cannot comment on the accommodation. The restaurant has a really nice atmosphere and the waiting staff were friendly. The food was nice, but overpriced for what it is. But the worst thing was the service. We had to wait 15 minutes after we sat down, just for someone to come and order our drinks. Then they took another 15 mins to arrive, and the night went on like that. We had three courses but there there for three hours! We didn't mind as we enjoyed the company, but I think that's really poor. Ok, it was a busy Saturday night but still.
So, maybe if you go on a week night and don't mind paying a bit extra then it's a nice place to eat and generally the standard is much higher than your average counrty pub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk, Rest and Play around the beautiful Mendip Hills of Somerset. Hotel, Restaurant and Bar offering a wide range of continental beer, local real ale and traditional cider. Enjoy freshly prepared food in a laid back environment then relax and chill out in one of the spacious double rooms, all with king size beds. Breakfast comes continental style delivered to your room in a basket to be enjoyed at your leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wookey Hole Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wookey Hole Hotel Wookey Hole
- The Wookey Hole Inn Wells, Somerset