The Wookey Hole Inn
$88
$116
getaroom.com
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
$75
$43
Travelodge
Meare Manor(Glastonbury)
$99
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstempura prawnswild boar burgerpuddingbreakfast basketclotted creamebbor gorgescotch eggbeer gardenpub gruban evening mealmashfor sunday lunchcooked to perfectioncar parkbed was comfortablefresh milka lovely stay
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love this place! I have been coming here for many years. We always receive a warm welcome. The food is superb and the atmosphere is always nice and relaxed. It may be slightly more expensive than the normal pub/restaurant, but this is not the normal pub/restaurant food. I would highly recommend the Wookey hole Inn and can't wait for my next visit there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank somersetsky
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited here this morning as the food in wookey hole caves looked horrendous! It was a very pleasant surprise! We had turkey curry and a beef sandwich with chips. Both meals were divine! Slices of chunky hot beef in the sandwich and lovely potato wedges! My partner enjoyed his curry too! Owner/manager was really welcoming and we ate by the open fire which was lovely and cosy. If only all pub food was this good :-)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bristolgirlz
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Best dinner I have had in years! We stumbled upon this restaurant and I'm so glad we did. With 3 small children with us they welcomed us right in! Crayons, Jenga, great kids menu. My husband and I were able to enjoy a fantastic meal. I had the Somerset chicken stuffed with garden herbs, chestnut mash, parsnip puree, chasseur sauce. My husband had Barbary duck breast, fondant potatoes, red cabbage, cider pear puree with a fig, and port reduction. It was devine! I hope to eat there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsFerdi
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Although we stayed over the road at the hotel, we ate in the Wookey Hole Inn restaurant on both nights of our stay. This restaurant is not just a hidden gem in Somerset is a hidden gem of the entire UK. You could not find better food or service in any major city. The prices are of the gastro pub price range however, due to the quality and portion size, it is ridiculously good value. In fact, so generous were the portion sizes and such good quality were the ingredients that it almost felt like they were paying you. As you can tell I am running out of superlatives to describe this totally magical dinning experience, but you simply must try the lamb and the chocolate brownie. The service was first rate, really friendly and welcoming, so much so that on our second night we were made to feel like locals. A fuss was made of us, without it being obtrusive and the advice given to us by our waitress (she may be the manager) was really helpful. The pride they have in their restaurant is well justified. The house Merlot was also to die for. Whilst our accommodation over the road was nice and good value, we shall definitely be staying here next time we visit Wookey Hole.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben P
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I ate at this venue but did not stay and arrived as part of a larger group with several young children. The welcome was warm and the atmosphere friendly. The food was delicious and represented good value for money. I am only sorry I didn't board here rather than the hotel we did choose.

• Stayed: November 2012