Four of us went to lunch here on a sunny day in late March. It was a joy to find this place open (as the previous 3 nearby pubs we'd tried were all closed !). Their real ale was supplied by the local Glastonbury Ales. Two of us tried their Golden Chalice ale, which we both agreed was first class. The lunch of cold poached salmon with side orders of chips and salad was tasty, well presented and good value for money. The table cloths were heavy duty paper, and a large set of crayons was in prime position on each table. Create your own Art (or a boring business flow chart) over a meal and take it away - what a brilliant idea. The back garden (a bit too chilly for us to venture into) is large with 60s Statues and Mosaics abounding. Another plus is a decent car park just past the Inn on the other side of the road. This place also has rooms, which might be worth looking into, though we didn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk, Rest and Play around the beautiful Mendip Hills of Somerset. Hotel, Restaurant and Bar offering a wide range of continental beer, local real ale and traditional cider. Enjoy freshly prepared food in a laid back environment then relax and chill out in one of the spacious double rooms, all with king size beds. Breakfast comes continental style delivered to your room in a basket to be enjoyed at your leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wookey Hole Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wookey Hole Hotel Wookey Hole
- The Wookey Hole Inn Wells, Somerset